alright sirs, i am in a power metal mood

Damn it I love Dark Moor too...
The masters of power metal are Helloween.Can't believe nobody mentioned them.
Also Gamma Ray and Heavenly, but I haven't really heard much of their stuff, and you might also want to try some of Angra's stuff (although they play a lot of different things) and Children of Bodom's later stuff is mostly power metal too.

Bands with shred masters: Dragonforce, Symphony X, Yngwie Malmsteen, etc. If you're into the epic battle stuff then Ensiferum may also work.

Persuader's "The Hunter" is a great fucking album.

Symphony X is the best Power Metal band I've heard, but they're pretty obvious so there you go.

Also, please don't come into a Power Metal thread & recommend Children of Bodom. People talk about them like they sound exactly like Helloween & I can't fucking stand it. They're a Melodic Death band that incorporates a bit of Power Metal esque keyboard playing into their band. Exact same genre as Wintersun.

Candlemass - Nightfall
Falconer - Chapters From a Vale Forlorn
Falconer - Northwind
HammerFall - Chapter V - Unbent, Unbowed, Unbroken
HammerFall - Crimson Thunder
Kamelot - Ghost Opera
Kamelot - The Black Halo
Persuader - Evolution Purgatory
Persuader - The Hunter
Primal Fear - Seven Seals

They're a Melodic Death band that incorporates a bit of Power Metal esque keyboard playing into their band. Exact same genre as Wintersun.

Actually they're a Power/Speed Metal band that incorporates a bit of Death Metal esque growling into their band.

V5, you were one of the guys who said that they were a Melodic Death (or it might have been Melo-Death) band in another thread & I agreed with you :p ;) Don't go dur bra.

I think you said that that they much more followed the groundwork of Melodic Death as a lot of those bands used keyboards. You made perfect sense. Calling them Power Metal is like calling Morbid Angel hair metal.

Oh fuck, I don't want to start this Bodom debate o_O Feel free to hit the delete button on this one V.