Alrighty, time for us to do a tribute album....

Till Fjalls

¥¤ÆZµ
May 21, 2001
* Toronto *
fade.to
I've finally decided to act upon this idea, so here it is. I think it would rule if us here at the Opeth UBB got together and recorded a tribute album for Opeth. The way it would work is like this:

You record your own interpretation of an Opeth song. It can be true to the original, a country version, or a mix and match of great riffs from Opeth songs. It doesn't have to be great quality, as it's not a business proposition, it'll just be sent to Opeth to show our appreciation.

Anyone who wants to send artwork is free to do so as well, and all involved can have pictures as well if they wish. The booklet will probably be big, and chances are it won't be in a jewel case, but in anotehr, cooler, more unique presentation format.

If everyone can get the recordings done within 2 or three months, I can take the songs and master them here to clean them up and give them that extra bit of excellence for the final deal. I can also print the stuff here on some high quality paper.

At the moment, all I have are some ideas, and a possible cover. The cover is simple, but effective (as you'll understand when you see it). Any others are welcome though, mine is just a suggestion!

If anyone is interested, please get started! I am going to do this myself regardless, but it would be much more exciting with some fellow Opethians on board.

So, whisper your thoughts, scream your sadness if you will, I need input!

Attachments

• morningrisesml.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 70
Sounds like a really cool idea Till Fjalls.
I can't wait to see the finishing result...
I'm not very talented when it comes to
playing music...and there's no way I
can pull off doing a cover of the
allmighty OPETH! But...
I'll check for nice photoes, artworks...
Poems maybe?
Man, this will just be soooo cool! :eek:))

Im DOWN with that we where already making plans of playing demon of the fall and i usually play credence by myself and my lonley guitar :D

Plus in 2 or 3 months we will probably be recording our first demo so it would have semi descent cuality maybe even a cheap studio cuality. Nice idea indeed

Hey...very cool idea:loco: I am in it..hmm yet i will have some problem with the drums:( but i will really try to do good job...maybe i will do a little remake or something...

Well, that's the idea here, it's really open. Not everyone has access to drums or can program them. That still leaves you the option of coming up with an instrumental version of a song, or just guitars and vocals, etc. Like I said, no need to be perfect, just create something cool!

Well, it's not creating as such, as rethinking or reworking. You know what I mean....ramble, ramble.....

I think Acid its very intuitive for drum machine software provided you find a nice sounding samples of drums...then again you could just record your own drums and make the samples yourself

that picture is nice, where did u get it? i dont have any type of thing that can recored on my comp...mabey i can just try to tab it out and email it to someone and they can try to play it , or some version of it.....

hmm...
it would be hard for me to do it as i am the only opeth fan who can really play instruments (apart from you rowan) that i know. i could do an instrumental version of apostle in triumph though....just guitar :lol:

It's one of my own pictures, I just scanned it in, though I had to adjust the sharpening and levels a little to compensate for the poor scan job.

Anyone notice the likeness to Morningrise????

Hell anyone who wants a copy could get one. But costs will have to be looked into. It won't be overly cheap. But shouldn't be too expensive. The main price would be the printing of the booklet, and the minimal shipping costs.

Since this may get out of hand trying to keep up with everything on one thread (If it goes well), I'll make a website in the next few days to keep everyone posted on info, progress, who's involved ,what songs are being done, etc...