Amnesia - A Machine For Pigs -maybe some spoilers-

Sloz

An Unsolved Riddle
Mar 6, 2013
Anyone finished it? Such a disappointment... What are your thoughts about it?

I pretty much like the story got some lovecraft-vibe. But the gameplay was very disappointing, very repetive, too easy puzzles and there was no real threat that could build up terror.
But i have to admit that the sounddesign and music was excellent if you immerse yourself into that story you can get some kind of horror.

I pretty much like the story got some lovecraft-vibe. But the gameplay was very disappointing, very repetive, too easy puzzles and there was no real threat that could build up terror.
But i have to admit that the sounddesign and music was excellent if you immerse yourself into that story you can get some kind of horror.

In the beginning and the middle the story were better than the first game but in the end they blew it. I didn't get killed once, the monsters were not aggressive and never attacked you, the electric pig ruined all with 2200-years technology in 1899 as the story takes place. No sanity and unlimited lantern. The lantern even warned you when the pigs are close which destroys the horror. Wasn't afraid from the middle of the game to the end due to it was so broken.

Oh and that you can't grab anything except from chairs and items that belongs to the puzzles...

Well I loved every second of it. Been waiting for it since I played Amnesia. And it was a tough task for them to craft something that powerful. The bar was lifted way high by all those custom stories. But they did it.

But I think that The Machine for Pigs is a bit more specific in terms of it's atmosphere. It's not for everyone. While The Dark Descent was evoking some firstborn fear deep inside virtually anyone who played it, this one won't touch everyone equally.

Well I loved every second of it. Been waiting for it since I played Amnesia. And it was a tough task for them to craft something that powerful. The bar was lifted way high by all those custom stories. But they did it.

But I think that The Machine for Pigs is a bit more specific in terms of it's atmosphere. It's not for everyone. While The Dark Descent was evoking some firstborn fear deep inside virtually anyone who played it, this one won't touch everyone equally.

The atmosphere was great but I walked to a pig and had my lantern on it, it started to squeal and looked at me, then it ran away. After that I felt that the game were just ridiculous so I just ran through the whole game and didn't mind the pigs, they never attacked me anyway.

The atmosphere was great but I walked to a pig and had my lantern on it, it started to squeal and looked at me, then it ran away. After that I felt that the game were just ridiculous so I just ran through the whole game and didn't mind the pigs, they never attacked me anyway.

Well I was lucky to treat them as it was supposed by the game developer, so I had my portion of scares:) Broke the game once though. Fell through the textures closer to the end, during the scene of slaughter in the city. Probably my bad, I'm always investigating each and every corner.

Well I was lucky to treat them as it was supposed by the game developer, so I had my portion of scares:) Broke the game once though. Fell through the textures closer to the end, during the scene of slaughter in the city. Probably my bad, I'm always investigating each and every corner.

Oh don't get me wrong I was still exploring around and took a great look of what they had created, but what I mean is that I didn't go and hide when any pigs were around, I just walked next to them as they never attack, there's nothing to hide for.

Oh don't get me wrong I was still exploring around and took a great look of what they had created, but what I mean is that I didn't go and hide when any pigs were around, I just walked next to them as they never attack, there's nothing to hide for.

Well, yeah. I agree that there are simply no cases, when you had to stay in your shelter and was scared to look back for like ten minutes:)

Well, yeah. I agree that there are simply no cases, when you had to stay in your shelter and was scared to look back for like ten minutes:)

Exactly, but I hope they will fix the pigs so they are more aggressive so we can have some great custom stories :)

I'm going to be the asshole here

I didn't play this expansion or whatever the hell it is but I played the dark descent when it came out and find it one of the most boring experiences in gaming IMO. So you are in this castle, don't remember what's going on so you have to read all the notes you can find to get you going, and you need light too. Basically the game is just going arround finding notes, finding oil for your lantern or you'll lose, avoiding ghosts and solving easy puzzles to move on. Has that alone in the dark vibe, but longer and monotone. I liked that it forces you to observe and the story is somewhat interesting but the gameplay wasn't scary in the slightest and I just played it because all the hype that had for being so scary. I dunno, not all games are for everyone...

I'm going to be the asshole here

I didn't play this expansion or whatever the hell it is but I played the dark descent when it came out and find it one of the most boring experiences in gaming IMO. So you are in this castle, don't remember what's going on so you have to read all the notes you can find to get you going, and you need light too. Basically the game is just going arround finding notes, finding oil for your lantern or you'll lose, avoiding ghosts and solving easy puzzles to move on. Has that alone in the dark vibe, but longer and monotone. I liked that it forces you to observe and the story is somewhat interesting but the gameplay wasn't scary in the slightest and I just played it because all the hype that had for being so scary. I dunno, not all games are for everyone...

I respect your opinion but you should try custom stories, some of them are so much better than the original game.

Have you guys seen Outlast? I watched a bit of a playthrough video last night and it's pretty good. If you like this game it's a similar style where you have no weapons and have to hide or run from the bad guys.

Have you guys seen Outlast? I watched a bit of a playthrough video last night and it's pretty good. If you like this game it's a similar style where you have no weapons and have to hide or run from the bad guys.

I've played it, it's an okey game but not as good as Amnesia imo.