Amon Amarth Studio Updates 2012

We want to thank everyone that has supported and helped us in 2012. 2013 will be another intense year for Amon Amarth, and looks like it will be slightly unpredictable and mischievous…
We’ve just finished writing all the songs for the next full-length album, and we’re ready to enter the studio to start recording them in the new year.
Wishing everyone a fun and successful 2013!
Cheers
/Amon Amarth

Oh in June already? Hmm, cool.
Andy Sneap? Well, I hope they will keep their warm guitar/allover sound though and not turn to a sterile Arch Enemy Sound -.-
I think Jens did a very good job on the last three albums...
How is it said? Never change a winning team...

Oh in June already? Hmm, cool.
Andy Sneap? Well, I hope they will keep their warm guitar/allover sound though and not turn to a sterile Arch Enemy Sound -.-
I think Jens did a very good job on the last three albums...
How is it said? Never change a winning team...

you are right! their sound was perfect during the last three albums due to Jens, i hope it doesn't go down with Andy:s

Andy Sneap is not one my favorites when it comes to Amon Amarth or any extreme metal band. That's because his productions are not extreme. It sounds good if the the band is for example Accept, Nevermore or Megadeth but if the band is heavier than those, then it sounds too plastic and somewhat powerless. He can't step outside the box and because of that all his productions sound somewhat same.

So my prediction is that songs will kick ass but the production will be too plastic and sterile and not so heavy. So, the production will drag it down unless something surprising happens. Perhaps the band wants to go to that direction and they want to have more accessible and lighter sound. And maybe after that their next producer is going to be some guy who has produced mostly hard rock albums and they will lose their sound.

Couple of years ago I was very skeptical when Colin Richardson produced Behemoth's Evangelion album but I was proven wrong. Still I doubt similar thing would happen here.
I agree that production on the last 3 albums was good (very good even) but my favorite production is still Versus the World's.

"@AmonJohan: A view from the studio. You can see some Bieber fans in the distance. Or as they're also called: #sheep"

BAFQSeVCYAA52aQ.jpg

Haha, who knows, maybe they prefer Amon Amarth..... Somebody should verify it.
Nice location anyway.

First of all sheep > bieber fans because they're soft and produce good sweaters (the itchy, scratchy brutal kind)

I heard from a very reliable source that this album is going to be amazing.