Amon Amarth Studio Updates 2012

There is something I don't understand. Are they really that little famous in Sweden? I mean, you, Yagami, are from Sweden, you are even interested in Metal and only two weeks ago you stumpled upon them? Obviously in fact they aren't quite popular there. How is this possible?:confused: I mean, if you was interested in Hip Hop or something, well, I could follow, but seems that this is not the case, and besides I even know two guys who in fact mainly prefer Hip Hop but at least they know Amon Amarth (though I myself was amazed about this). Strange. So what could be the reasons?

I know, it is weird. I have likely just been unlucky.
-
I am from "Sweden", yes. (I don't acknowledge the borders called countries. I see myself as an Earthling.)
-
I am interested in the heaviest kinds of metal. I have yet to find a really really heavy metal band, but Amon Amarth is up there, definitely.
-
I hate all sorts of music. From rap to dubstep, to hip-hop to soft rock and weak metal (like BvB, Motörhead and Black Sabbath). - I need dark, powerful, heavy stuff. I don't care at all for soft guitarsound and computerized bullshit ala Lady Gaga / Justin Bieber.

I also in general totally hate songs about love, i'd rather hear about ripping the lungs out of a person's back (Blood Eagle). - Sunsets and straight-love can suck it. I'd rather hear a song about two guys fucking in a dark cellar, and so on...
-
The reason is exposure, media, us.
We don't do enough to get Amon Amarth exposed to the public. But I am very happy to hear about them gaining recognition with this new album.

We don't do enough to get Amon Amarth exposed to the public. But I am very happy to hear about them gaining recognition with this new album.

Funny thing is Amon Amarth is becoming one of the bigger, most popular "extreme" metal acts out there right now. They do have good exposure and with the new popularity also comes more negativity. Read this crappy review, and the comments, to see what I mean.
http://lastrit.es/reviews/7052/amon-amarth-deceiver-of-the-gods:err:

Funny thing is Amon Amarth is becoming one of the bigger, most popular "extreme" metal acts out there right now. They do have good exposure and with the new popularity also comes more negativity. Read this crappy review, and the comments, to see what I mean.

I also ended up giving Amon Amarth a 5.

...5/5 that is. - If the reviewer's problem is that Amon Amarth sounds like Amon Amarth, then that means that Amon Amarth has done a good job, and that the reviewer is an idiot. They are supposed to sound like themselves. Also, what the hell kinda CD is "Twilight of the Gods" that the reviewer is talking about? Has he even listened to Amon Amarth before?

Thimon said:
Obviously you don't as all kinds of metal are music too

Seems you like bloody lyrics and things like that. You might want to check out some Brutal Death Metal. Just google for it ^^

I defined some of what I didn't like just after that.

Amon Amarth is Brutal Death Metal.
I like brutal lyrics, yes.

I also ended up giving Amon Amarth

Amon Amarth is Brutal Death Metal.
I like brutal lyrics, yes.

Hey you Swedish Earthling / Earthling with swedish background in consideration of the culture area you AND Amon Amarth live in ;), this is the first time I read / hear, that Amon Amarth is Brutal Death Metal.
The newest I've read: That's not anymore Death Metal. (As for me, I don't care though about classifications in categories.) And also I've read: "Album Of The Month" in RockHard magazine and another one (always forget the name).

What do you think of Vader? Not worth a review? Nice to read your Amon Amarth review by the way!

New avatar! Viking?:)
Oh who cares about those words of someone. I would be however quite confused if there was only laudatory words. And if I was a musician, don't know, whether I would like only laudatory words....

New avatar! Viking?:)
Oh who cares about those words of someone. I would be however quite confused if there was only laudatory words. And if I was a musician, don't know, whether I would like only laudatory words....

That's my We Shall Destroy face. It keeps the neighbors out of my yard. :)

I don't care what reviewers say. I like what I like. And, yes, Vader that's another of my favorite bands.

About genres. I would consider Amon Amarth Melodic Death Metal, in the Gotenburg style, with lyrics based in Norse Mythology and Viking era heroism with anti-Christian overtones all of which, at times, tend to be Brutal.:heh:

What do you think of Vader? Not worth a review? Nice to read your Amon Amarth review by the way!

I find Amon Amarth's lyrics fairly brutal.

I'll have a listen to Vader. If they inspire me, I'll give them a review.

Thank you for reading.

Finally got the album ... what a great release. After a few listens, it became quite obvious that the bonus cd was a sign of how the whole Deceiver album was influenced. A lot of mid-tempo songs, catchy chorus and riffs with a Messiah duo that is just mind-blowing. Just powerful.

That's my We Shall Destroy face. It keeps the neighbors out of my yard. :)

I don't care what reviewers say. I like what I like. And, yes, Vader that's another of my favorite bands.

About genres. I would consider Amon Amarth Melodic Death Metal, in the Gotenburg style, with lyrics based in Norse Mythology and Viking era heroism with anti-Christian overtones all of which, at times, tend to be Brutal.:heh:

Lucky guy! If it happens to me that I feel deeply ready for my "We Shall Destroy" face (quite often :() they come up to me and ask: Everything OK with you?:erk:

So well, there we've got it!:lol: Just a little bit hard for those, who like abbr. like BM, DM....

I find Amon Amarth's lyrics fairly brutal.

I'll have a listen to Vader. If they inspire me, I'll give them a review.

Thank you for reading.

Find the lyrics fairly brutal too. And actually I'm quite afraid of brutality and hate it.....

Finally got the album ... what a great release. After a few listens, it became quite obvious that the bonus cd was a sign of how the whole Deceiver album was influenced. A lot of mid-tempo songs, catchy chorus and riffs with a Messiah duo that is just mind-blowing. Just powerful.

Yeah, it's so great! Already would miss it if it wasn't.
My favorite today (or always?): Warriors Of The North. Have to admit that still I didn't listen to the bonus cd, though I really appreciate it and I think that it is a super nice idea! Time will come for it in any case.
Also I have to admit that still didn't read the lyrics adequately, but the music absolutely appeals to me, absolutely.

So boys and Girls, what is your thoughts about "Deceiver of the gods" now after 1 week give or take of listening of the album? For me it´s all super! I think it´s their best album since WOOOS. I really love it! Really great songs and as an album it is a fucking masterpiece, all A++++++++++ songs! Still worshipping "Warriors of the North", it is so epic and really getting to my feelings by text and music...:)