Amorphis Gigs

Don't worry, February still should be fine - financial downturn and all. There will probably be a surge in sales from today till Christmas and maybe till the first days of January, when there's lots of namedays and then January will be dead.
I'll keep an eye on the ticket sales and will let you know if they approach "sold out".
Out ticket is 17.50 euro and will be indeed sold through eventim.bg. - Checked just now, the event is still not online, but I suppose the ppl at the eventim office are still not at work.

Still nothing about tickets on eventim.rs nor on any webzine which has posted news about Amo coming.
I guess I'll wait until Monday, hopefully there will be info.

I've checked my exam schedule - March, up until the end of it, is free of any tests, exams and rest of the crap, so I should, technically, be able to go to a gig. Bg or BG :D
But that's being very, very optimistic - no major exams, but they can hit us with some small testing, which is also very important, whenever they want.
However, I'll probably get the ticket for the Belgrade show as soon as it's out for sale. It will be cheaper, and if all goes to hell, I can give/sell it to someone. I hope it doesn't come to that, though...

on any webzine which has posted news about Amo coming.
Maybe that's because they have such a lazy-ass webmaster, that he still hasn't uploaded the info on the band's official website. Or even on facebook... This guy should be fired.

It seems you're taking your studies very seriously, which is actually good. Here a considerable part of the students seldom even bother to turn up in class, let alone worry about minor tests. But, then again, this is why a considerable part of them are still the same semi-illiterate morons they were, when they got in uni.
So what do you study? (You may have mentioned earlier, but I don't remember.)

I am pretty excited about the March gig. It's gonna be my 12-th Amorphis gig, but will most likely be the most enjoyable (they all are enjoyable) and the most intimate by far. The club is my favourite one, as a matter of fact - it is nice and relatively small, the staff is polite, it's a strictly non-smoking venue, the prices at the bar are normal and it's in the centre. All the gigs I've been to, have been wonderful.
My expectations are high :D

Maybe that's because they have such a lazy-ass webmaster, that he still hasn't uploaded the info on the band's official website. Or even on facebook... This guy should be fired.

No kidding.
I love the fact that Amo's site still has a link to "official forum", which goes to facebook.

It seems you're taking your studies very seriously, which is actually good. Here a considerable part of the students seldom even bother to turn up in class, let alone worry about minor tests. But, then again, this is why a considerable part of them are still the same semi-illiterate morons they were, when they got in uni.
So what do you study? (You may have mentioned earlier, but I don't remember.)

Thanks.
I guess I am taking them seriously. I'm not the best in the crowd, nor the worst, so that's good. I am studying medicine, and first year of med school is arguably the toughest of all freshman years on all unis in Serbia. Not that I'm bragging or anything, but it's simply like that.
I need to take it seriously, or...well, I fail. No other way.

But worry not, plenty of slackers around here too :D

I am pretty excited about the March gig. It's gonna be my 12-th Amorphis gig, but will most likely be the most enjoyable (they all are enjoyable) and the most intimate by far. The club is my favourite one, as a matter of fact - it is nice and relatively small, the staff is polite, it's a strictly non-smoking venue, the prices at the bar are normal and it's in the centre. All the gigs I've been to, have been wonderful.
My expectations are high :D

12th? Haha
How long have you been following Amo, again?

If I go to a Belgrade gig, it will be my second Amo gig, but more importantly, it will be the first gig in Belgrade I'm visiting, and the first gig in Serbia of a foreign band I really like.
Confusing sentence.

I love the fact that Amo's site still has a link to "official forum", which goes to facebook.
I talked to Esa about this in early spring and asked him if the link could be changed; he agreed to it but nothing happened afterwards and I didn't want to keep nagging about it. If they gave a rat's ass about their website, they wouldn't have let their manager fire the full-time webmaster they had from 2005 to 2011 and give the job to a buddy of his who happens to have some rudimentary English skills. :rolleyes: I guess they feel that there's no need for restoring proper communications as long as people keep coming to the shows anyway. The only good thing is that the band members themselves have started to post tour pics on Facebook, but even in 2013 not everybody has FB.

I am studying medicine, and first year of med school is arguably the toughest of all freshman years on all unis in Serbia. Not that I'm bragging or anything, but it's simply like that.

Total respect!

xptrinity said:
It's gonna be my 12-th Amorphis gig, but will most likely be the most enjoyable (they all are enjoyable) and the most intimate by far.
12th? Haha

Shame on my unworthy head, I don't even remember which Amo show was my 12th. Must have been one of the last with Pasi or one of the first with Tomi J., but I've seen a few more since that. And I absolutely agree that the small venues are the best. :headbang:

The only good thing is that the band members themselves have started to post tour pics on Facebook, but even in 2013 not everybody has FB.

Which they have started doing only recently, if I'm not wrong.
It still puzzles me a bit why they shut the old forum down. If they wanted to divert the mass (as populated as it were) to facebook, this really wasn't the way.

Total respect!

Thanks! :kickass:

Shame on my unworthy head, I don't even remember which Amo show was my 12th. Must have been one of the last with Pasi or one of the first with Tomi J., but I've seen a few more since that. And I absolutely agree that the small venues are the best. :headbang:

Haha

Finnish tour curiosity: Will "Same Flesh" be premiered ahead of the Olavinlinna show? I could also bet "Shades of Gray" will not open the set ;)

Any change to the setlist would be welcome, but given the time of year, I doubt the guys spent a whole lot of time at the rehearsal room since they got back from the tour. Let's see if there'll be any Xmas surprises for Tiiti tonight... ;)

One could write a book about the Amo-setlist-subject. Just remember they didnt change a single song back in 2009 for DVD recording, that says enough.

Yeah, well... I shall never forget the thrill of hearing Perkele in Iisalmi in 2010 and Greed at Nummirock 2009, but I shall not forget the anguish of whether or not they will play Skyforger in Sofia in 2009, either. And, hell, I DO want to hear Song of the Sage and Mission.

No Xmas suprises :( And yes, The Shades Of Gray opened the set. Exactly the same set than this tour have had.

When "we" were at Lutakko in spring, I thought the gig was quite ok, but when I'm thinking it now, it was a bit incomplete or strained. Maybe some excitement and stress about the new songs. But it worked when the main thing was to hear the new stuff.
But now!! Wow!! Guys were relaxed, they had good time on the stage, were laughting together once in a while and the audience could see that the band was enjoying. We had a bit hurry evening with the staff, but when watching the gig a moment, the good mood translated. That mood and atmosphere presume a really good gig for a NYE!
The audience was really with, and except "the big hits", althought the oldies caused some big noise.

As I said, the setlist was the same, but Into Hiding + Nightbird's Song + Vulgar Necrolatry + The Smoke worked extremely excellent together. Highlight of the gig, I would say.

edit: several misspellings

Bugger 'em. I just don't get the point of it. :( Also, I only found two excerpts of it on youtube although I was positive that the whole thing was there a while ago. False memory syndrome maybe, or likely enough it just got deleted.