Amorphis Gigs

No NYE suprises at the setlist, but the audience get some new year promises: guys are going to compose some new music also this year. :)

Tomi J. has two or three new riffs on his cell phone, Niclas is having one f*cking good riff. Tomi K. has made some Johnny Cash -riff and Amorphis is going to do a country album. Jan had a riff which was so bad (in Tomi J's opinion) that he wouldn't do that. ;D

The audience was full of drunken monkeys.

Off topic : Happy new year to all of you!! It was really nice to meet many of you in real life in year 2013.

Ah, I knew there is no point in travelling to HKI for the New Year gig ;)
Nice meeting you too, Tiina :)
Happy New Year to all of you - may it be so lovely, that we wouldn't want it to end :D Have a good one, all of you!

I went to a lovely new year party with nice people, nice music and Tomi Joutsen the cat

1527095_10201613005742087_398329715_n.jpg

My guess is the purr. He's a very sweet, but very shy cat. - We had to literally drag him from underneath the bed, but he stoically endured all the holding and petting and din't scratch or bite.

Despite rumors of impending Ragnarök, the Amo gig last night was business as usual...

Lahti_setti_zps311cefcf.jpg

Goes to show that printing city names has become an utter waste of ink. Nevertheless we had a great time - I've noticed that I no longer go to Amorphis gigs in hope of any musical revelations, but after making my peace with the fact that all we can expect from them anymore is highly-polished routine, I simply cannot deny that even those routine gigs still make for great entertainment. And last night was a notch above usual in terms of atmosphere, Selänne & Co. having scored Olympic bronze just before the show started. Tomi J immediately acknowledged that the band was in a much better mood than the night before - for those of you who understand them, his exact words in all their concise beauty were "Eilen vitutti - tänään ei vituta." :D

Photographing was mission impossible as there was no light from the front - I made a few half-assed attempts but mostly concentrated on exercising my neck muscles. The light as such was effective, though. Sande's extra long legs would have put Marlene Dietrich to shame...

Lahti220214.jpg

If the venue has good air ventilation, good sound and good drinks (but I could live without that), it will be a killer gig, no doubt. Smaller gigs are always better than big ones.

It does. The beer is not my favourite brand, but I can live with that. The best part is that the non-smoking law is strictly observed, so it's bearable. Besides, it's only a short taxi ride from home and has a really good floor plan. My favourite venue, actually.

Wau, what THE gig!! Yes, THE gig, not A gig.

You may don't believe, but there was a few changes in the setlist! Not a big changes, but it felt like big ones

1. Shades of Grey
2. Two Moons
3. Sampo
4. Silver Bride
5. Mission
6. On Rich and Poor
7. My Kantele

Thousand Lakes

8. Nightbird's Song
9. Vulgar Necrolatry
10. Alone
11. You I Need
12. Black Winter Day

Skyforger Intro

13. Sky Is Mine
14. Hopeless Days
15. House Of Sleep

The gig was awesome. I'm not sure what made it, but I think it was that I doesen't expected nothing. Lastest gigs have been something like a routine and technical perform with a same setlist, like a _just_ a gig, nothing more. So I was going to just I gig. I get more. Now there was something more than just a gig. Of course, the gig was clean and pedantic, but it was not a clinical.

In the order:
Two moons. What The F*ck? I have never heard that as a live perform. Wonderful, I was so splendid, 'cause this was the really first time. And I think it is not a common piece.

Mission. Ou mai gaad. I mean Oh my god, or something. It was not that Mission that is on the record. This Mission had a longer intro. In this Mission there was more articulated downs and uppers. The downs were really atmosphere ones, and the high points had some more kick. It really was better than in record. And Mission in record is one of my faws at Circle.
The highest top of the gig. :worship:

Alone. It was nice to hear it. Even with a cause of Into Hiding, it was nice. (Last time in spring -12)

Maybe some photos coming if I get something even average from my phone. I left from home in a hurry, so I forgot my camera.

I can just hope the same kind of a setlist for tomorrow (or this day) gig in Tavastia.

This is indeed a wonderful setlist. I could go without Black Winter Day, Silver Bride and House of Sleep and hear Into Hiding, Skyforger (the full version) and, say Towards and Against, but, hell, there was Mission. Which I really hope to hear live, because it's the favourite song from Circle.