Amorphis Gigs

Oh c'mon, you are so spoiled complaining about setlists! They didn't visit my country at all this tour, and that's a reason to moan!

(Yeah, I have been complaining about setlists a lot, I'm a hypocrite. :D)

If I have ever - and I suspect that I have more than once - complained that Amorphis setlists offer no surprises anymore, then tonight I was proven devastatingly wrong. While the premiere of "Same Flesh" was expected, the new extended version of "My Kantele" absolutely wasn't, and even less so was "Ensimmäinen laulu". Not to mention that the electric version of "Empty Opening" worked much better than the acoustic one. I'm officially a fan again, and not the only one (albeit by far the youngest ;) ) in my family anymore.

It's not less fun even when that happens in the same country, when you aren't there.
Untill yesterday I was just an annoyed (for not being there), now I am really and truly sad.

Amorphis will be playing special set at Wacken next year:
“Tales From The Thousand Lakes” Show
Two years after they performed their acoustic set in Wacken, Amorphis will return with another special show. This time they will perform their legendary death metal masterpiece Tales From The Thousand Lakes!

Forgotten Sunrise and To Fathers Cabin live!? MUST SEE!!!!!1111one111!

Might as well finally get my ass to Wacken next year.
Waiting for a friend to return from this year's edition to tell me what it's like...

I guess most of the shows will be in Suomi, with several in the neighboring countries and/or big festivals like Wacken. Eh, would love to see that. My all-time favorite music album.

Who knows, maybe I'll get to see the 30th anniversary...

Ok, screw Wacken,

I suppose that with 75 000 mostly drunk idiots, Wacken is not the right place to see your favourite band performing their all-time classic album.
And I don't like crowds, especially consisting of drunk males in their late teens and early 20's. I'm just too old for this shit.

I bet they'll play Tuska as well. At least for me, this sounds like a more feasible plan in terms of actually seeing them and hearing them. And, of course, I hope for a show in Sofia :D

In any case, my logic was that the 20th anniversary shows were just mostly in Finland, IIRC.

In fact all of them, although there would have been great demand from the rest of Europe. Which is why it's safe to assume that you guys will get your share this time around - the problem in 2010 would have been coordinating the timetables of twelve instead of just six musicians (not to mention the additional expenses and the prospect of spending extended time on a bus with Mr. Koskinen... :p )

If I have ever - and I suspect that I have more than once - complained that Amorphis setlists offer no surprises anymore, then tonight I was proven devastatingly wrong.
On another note, I can't recall House of Sleep being left out of the set until Metaldays a few weeks ago.