Amorphis videos

It it so good, unleast of as a video! I don't like those words and lines there, but I love the feeling, an atmosphere and scenes. A bit morbid, a bit distressing and brooding, and tickled my imagination.
On the other hand, I have always have a bit repulsive opinion about musicvideos, which not contains a members. Music video don't have to be a play-video and there is no need to represent memebers from start to end, but without a members the video is more like a art from a director, not part of the album the band made.

Thinking of that, I think you'r right.
*Trying to figure Amo-dude's playing at that house or at the grave yard*
:erk:

I personally prefer videos where band isn't present, or is seldom shown. Bands shown on random locations playing "emptily" and lip-syncing is the worst thing ever.

I quite like the video. It has some great, cinematic moments. Those random standing lines and words bother me a bit when compared to some rather tastefully written messages on tombstone, but it is in general a good video. Better than all previous Tomi J. era videos, if you ask me.

Wasn't there a video for Nightbird's Song planned, too?

Yeah, the Nightbird's Song video was filmed by Denis Goria (the French dude who made the accompanying Circle documentary DVD) and is included in the digipak version of the album.

I like it. Some of my favorite videos have little or no band participation: Tool's "Sober", Enslaved's "Ethica Odini". The mood is more important to me than anything else. And at least it doesn't have any hot, goth-y looking women running through the woods like half the Nordic metal vids I've seen recently.

I suppose they could have gone old school and borrowed the animatronic dragons and lasers from Yngwie:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wasn't there a video for Nightbird's Song planned, too?

It's on the DVD with the bonus digipak. But most likely it will turn up on the YouTube shortly.

Patric Ullaeus is a great director anyway. I know him from his work with In Flames (I love them with all my heart), so I got quite excited when I saw his name in the credits.
I like the video precisely because the band is not in it - experience suggests that they are rather awkward in front of a camera, so this is for the better.
Besides, the video quite fits the overall mood. Though I DO find Tomi J.'s tombstone a trifle upsetting.

I seldom expect much from the Amorphis videos. Like I already said earlier, I await them with dread and watch them with awkward unease.
In this regard "Hopeless Days" was a great pleasant surprise. :Smokedev:

Agree on all points.

I have to say, though, I generally await metal videos with dread. As much as I love the music genre, I hate metal videos. I really do. Most of them are utter shit for me. There are perhaps a dozen metal videos of all I've seen which I really like, but I still avoid watching them.

I watched couple of those Tel Aviv -videos, and thought that most of those people have never before seen Amorphis, and some of them might have listened the band for a several years. It must have been a wonderful gig for the audience (and throughout that also to the band).