Amorphis videos

As basic as it gets. Kinda makes you wonder why they even bothered to drag the gear those few meters from the rehearsal room to the hall.

Maybe 'cause a lights, cameramen and director doesen't fit to the that little room at the same time with the band and gear. :D

But at least there's no pultsari in it (for those unfamiliar with Finnish: that's a possible local interpretation of the phrase "homeless man"... :p )

That would actually be really realistic interpretation about The Wanderer: filmed a middle of darkest and sleetest early winter at downtown Helsinki with some pultsari in it.
On the other hand, as not-so-realistic: there a pultsari would be same kind of a character than a Mermaid or a Smith. :yow:

They could easily have brought back the actor from Silver Bride for it ;)

Other than the filming looking kinda like what I see when I have a migraine I think it's fine. The videographers have finally twigged to the fact that Tomi is not a drama queen like Pasi and should not be made to act.

Maybe 'cause a lights, cameramen and director doesen't fit to the that little room at the same time with the band and gear.
Yeah, but the lights weren't impressive in that video either, and neither was the directing. For that, whaddyacallit, "authentic feeling", you don't need more than a buddy with a handheld videocam. Or an iPhone, for that matter. :devil:

As long as I have listened to this band, I have thought it's pity that their music videos are rather "basic stuff", because Amorphis' music definitely has lots of potential for music videos with actual storylines and great visualization (for example precisely Nightbird's Song would be perfect one for that). At least to me their music is very visual and thus inspiring, which actually is one of the greatest reasons why I like them so much. I'm just saying that they indeed would deserve more than just "basic" music videos.

So I think that House of Sleep still is the best one (might be also because of some "sentimental value" as I connect it with the times when I was discovering the band).

I think that House of Sleep still is the best one (might be also because of some "sentimental value" as I connect it with the times when I was discovering the band).

That one and My Kantele, I'd say. In terms of sentimental value, on the other hand, my pick would be FTHOMH - a collection of sweet memories from what was the best time of my life.

I think the best video by Amo is My Kantele, definitely. Too bad there isn't a good quality version of it on YT.
The one that's on the Amo channel was taken from FTLOTL, it's just as blurry on the DVD itself (the scenes with the horse look as if they were shot with my old Nokia :p ). Maybe a result of the conversion from the original tape?

A spontaneous session recorded at Costa De Fuego last year. :) The project helps to support and promote the Save The Children organization in Spain. Gotta say that I like this better than those various commercial appearances in recent times... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I cleaned my youtube account and I share my videos only here from this on. So 2 more videos of 26.7.2013 Nokia gig is coming but I share the 1st video now.

Someone posted the full show from Madrid, in three parts:

I've decided to list the shows for 2014 in a separate post rather than updating the first message of the Gigs thread ad infinitum. Probably more practical that way...