Amp shootout (Metal) - Bugera 333 v.s. Engl Savage v.s. Peavey 5150

florianvantuil

New Metal Member
Nov 20, 2010
Hi there,

I was bored last night so I decided to compare the three amps I've got over here.

In the first clip al the knobs of the amps are on 12 o'clock and everything is unprocessed. In the second clip I've changed the amp settings and did a little bit of eq in Pro Tools, and a bit of reverb and delay on the leads.

Thanks to Incarnated for the awesome tracks. I used those because my guitar playing sounds like shit ;)

I'm curious which one you think sounds best, and I'm open for advise on my tone. 1 = Bugera, 2 = Engl, and 3 = Peavey

Last edited by a moderator:
Bugera more balanced sound then others. Engl it seems to be muddy and boomy. Peavey, hmm less clarity compared with bugera but it's also balanced in frequency spectrum

I agree that the Engl was boomy/lacking mids somewhere. I think the Peavey has a better overall distortion tone, and had more bite and agressiveness than the Bugera. However, for that particular mix, the Bugera seemed to leave more frequency space open for the leads, and for vocals (if there were vocals) in a good way.