Amp Spectrum Pack v1 (for Curve EQ)

I didn't use clips from cds. I used clips made from the owners of the amps. Selected the ones I considered to be the best recorded ones, trimmed the clips to include riffs with palm mutes, open chords, high notes, solos etc. and made the files.

Of course It will capture the spectrum of the amp thru the setup used (from mic to pickups) and the files are limited to the information available in the riffs. Now if we could capture the spectrum feeding a signal to the amp that would cover the entire frequency spectrum that would be great :)

No, I understand you didn't use clips from cd's. I thought you played one riff then reamped it through a bunch of different amps. But it sounds like each amp has a different riff played through it. Just curious. Thanks for the files!

This looks cool as hell! Thanks a lot!

Are these substitutes for impulses or are they meant to be used over already miced/impulsed guitar tones?

Thanks!
Have great fun playing with :)
I found that slightly easy is capture response from my track then match to saved spectrum and invert resulted response (I button) - takes less time.

CurveEQ cannot work as well as impulses because CurveEQ smoothes result - it does not give exact match. But definitely result is far better that hardware cab simulation boxes (at least most of them).

One question:
Would it make sense to use the Wagner Sharp plugin all the time and just switch the CurveEQ file?
I mean, sure it would make a different sound but it would still get the initial response from the plugin?
So most results will sound the same then since the Wagner Sharp was modeled after a 5150 afaik?

Right now, I'm using the Revalver Kitty model and the Mesa Dual Recto CurveEQ and the Wagner for a 5150 CurveEQ to get more variation.
However, I'd like to know if that's needed or if it's okay if I always take the same amp plugin? How do you do it?

Actually, the essence is one question but it came out to be 4 :)

Wagner Sharp is modeled after Bogner Sharp channel.
Results will be different for different sources - i.e. if source is mesa then result also will have mesa flavour.
If the source is same you also get same distortion character. IMHO. Just try and see.

I don`t know about ecstasy, but such channel exists one some preamps by Bogner or designed by Bogner (Hafler).

I'm a little confused about using this plug. Using it between Wagner and Voxengo Boogex just makes everything sound super low-endy after I do the matching.

Pretty sure I'm not understanding something.

Edit::loco: Woops. Forgot to use the attenuation feature.

Which curve eq are you using? If it's taken from a micked guitar tone or from one that was run trough an impulse you should place Curve eq after boogex.

for some reason when I run curve eq in revalver, I have to reverse the eq. When I don't run it in revalver, I usually don't have to. Anyone else have to do this? I was wondering why in the past everytime I used curve eq, it would sound like shit. Attenuating also helps too. These are awesome, my favorite one is the 6505 rhythm channel. I like to use that and another track with the engl savage SE. What are everyone else's favorites?

I like Peavey XXX A, Savage A, some 6505 variants. Maybe just well suited for my ENGL preamp (in case of Savage).

yeah I use the savage curve eq with my vamp2 savage beast setting which is a simulation of the savage 120 amp. I use the 6505 one with the wagner sharp preamp.

Anybody have any before/after clips with the Curve EQ files? I'm about to do some trial errors on previous songs, see if I can beef up the gtrs.

EDIT: So I messed with a few of them and I have to say my fav is the 5150 with VHT fatbottom cab.

So are we using impulses after the curve. Sansamp>curve>impulse correct? It seems like some sound better without an impulse. just a little fizzy which I can cut. Anyone else experience this?