amps, guits, pups. TESTCLIPS

LSD-Studio

HCAF crusher
Jul 2, 2006
Germany
www.lsd-tonstudio.de
here are some more files for you to mess around with.

amps are:

Krankenstein+
Recto

not much tweaking has been done, so they might have quite different amounts of gain etc.

guits are:

CS ESP MII: Alder Body, Maple neck (bolt on), EMG85
CS ESP MI : Alder Body, Maple Neck (through), EMG81

don't judge too hard, guit were not even tuned before recording these ;)

oh, and no reamping, all files have been played seperately, so you can combine all those amps to your liking.

I still like the combination of recto+5150 and recto+krank best

guitest

I'm loving the tones here dude...I'd say they are my absolute favorite from you yet! I'm guessing that has a lot to do with the Recto cab.

My favorites are the 5150 and the Recto very closely behind. I also think I prefer the 85.

Would you be able to show where on the dustcap you place the mic? I know it's hard to ballpark, but maybe a quick MS paint drawing? Haha.

Got 5150 settings?

thanks

-Joe

Let me also say that I'm a bit torn between the 81 and 85 no haha, but the 85 in your clip sounds better than most I've heard. It still has the more full sound, but not too "muddy." I wasn't a big fan of the Krank clips, but that might just be my amp preference.

-Joe

As will come as no surprise, the Recto is by far my favorite of the bunch, so much balls compared to the other two; 5150 in second, Krank a distant third - too much fizz IMO though dude, and since it's present in all the tracks, I'm guessing it's a mic placement thing (you mentioned liking the 57 in the opposite place I do, with the left edge of the mic lining up with the left edge of the dustcap - not for me :ill: ) Also, I think I'm preferring the MII honestly; once I get my Recto cab it'll definitely be time for me to give the 85 another go!

yeah, I liked the MII better with this player/these settings as well.

and IMO it need a bit of that fizz to be present in a mix....there's no HP/LP on it now, try putting one on...all it should need other than that might be a very tiny and narrow cut for the fizz....prefer that to having no fizz to begin with but trying to EQ out muddyness.

but well...I'm still learning the cab as well;)

Yeah, I hear ya dude - personally, I prefer to shy away more from the dustcap and get the "cut" from amp tweaking (as you noticed from my comparatively high treble setting in my most recent thread); I feel I get more "sizzle" that way, and less fizz. Other than that, though, they sound great!

Wow. I'm surprised. As big a Recto fan as I am, I really prefer the 5150MII out of all those...at least for that particular riffing. I love that tone just as it is.

I like the MII Recto with the MII 5150 being a close second. The MI clips seem like they have no density in comparison.

yeah, I dialed in the amps (at least the bit od dialing I did) for the MII...I should have given you the DI...
perhaps tomorrow ;)

Do you think it has anything to do with 81? The biggest complaint I have about mine is that it has that cocked wah sort of sound and filters out all the low end. Great for articulate stuff, but I think it sounds weird for conventional applications.

I can honestly say that the SH15 tone you recently posted is probably the best tone I have heard on this board. I keep listening to it every day and hang my head in shame knowing that I will never have that tone myself. I am also seriously considering getting that pup for my Ibanez. Just when I thought I had it just right......

Do you think it has anything to do with 81? The biggest complaint I have about mine is that it has that cocked wah sort of sound and filters out all the low end. Great for articulate stuff, but I think it sounds weird for conventional applications.

I can honestly say that the SH15 tone you recently posted is probably the best tone I have heard on this board. I keep listening to it every day and hang my head in shame knowing that I will never have that tone myself. I am also seriously considering getting that pup for my Ibanez. Just when I thought I had it just right......

Haha, thanks ;)