Ampsim, TS and Impulse-Loader needed

TonyS.

www.SoundCollab.com | www.risingstorm-music.com
Feb 13, 2010
Berlin
www.soundcollab.com
Hi guys,

I was using Cubase 6 @ Win7 for my projects and always used Tsx808 + LeGion +, LeCab2 for preproduction guitars/monitoring before reamping.

Now I switched to Pro Tools 10 and OSX and been looking for some new plugins.
Would be cool to get some tips, cause I can't find any other sims I'm happy with.
(Already tried Revalver)

Thanks!

amp sims are pretty much a game of jumping 1 to another when they really all generally sound the same. I haven't met anyone who is happy with one amp sim over a long time.

That being said there is Pod Farm, Guitar Rig, Amplitude etc. Just google amp sims. There is also the new Brainworkz plugin that is in beta

this wont work. the free amp sims won't wrap properly for some reason. the sound works, but the GUI does not (so you cant turn the knobs and actually see what you're doing). although I'm using PT9, so the GUI's may work fine in PT10, but something tells me its the wrapper and not pro tools.

so your best option here is podfarm plus reverberate or one of the few other IR loaders for RTAS...its really slim pickins out there for us pro tools users.

If he doesn't like Revalver, he'd hate pretty much everything else on the market for Mac.

My two cents.

I've wasted to much money on commercial amp sims(revalver, guitar rig, amplitube) When in the end they are all inferior to Lepou and TSE's stuff. LE456 is my go to ampsim from now on.

I can say I tried EVERY Amp Sim out there. The best sounding ones are these: TH2, Jamvox III and Kuassa Cream. I know there are a lot of great stuff that I like too, like Lepous, Onqel, etc... But those are the best sounding for me. And if you need the best sounding IR loader, it is SIR2.