An anti-pirate curious about the warez enemy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
holy%20thread%20resurrection.jpg

Similiar analogy, but not quite the same, imo thats heavier because its not just you getting something, its them losing something. Stealing all the same thought.

Is your suggestion that software companies don't lose anything when you download/steal their software?

I think they lose something. They lose having a complete idiot for a customer, which is only a good thing in my book.

i buy music software(pro tools,superior drummer etc) but i would like to say that there are so many plug ins that are SO EXPENSIVE and there's no reason for those prices,i mean comon they sell software,WAVES Mercury TDM BUNDLE costs 6444
6444 euros?!you can built a home studio with this price(good PC/MAC,a good interface or even a console,good monitors and some good soundproof for example),or you can buy a used car haha,you now what i mean
music:illegal downloading has killed the music business and not just the labels but also the bands,i play in 2 bands so i know how hard it is to collect money from merch.
for example i saw the album of my brutal death metal band in a random torrent downloaded 450 times,if we actually had 4500 euros we would definately be touring right now and promote the album because we had a tour offer for the US tat costed 3500..and that goes for all the underground bands.
i still buy albums really often first of all because i hate mp3's,i love to buy CD's(i hear music all day when im not playing) and i love to support the bands.

God not another retard trying to justify stealing.

If pirates would just shut the fuck up and accept what they are doing is wrong instead of trying to sell to everyone they aren't stealing shit or doing anything wrong, it wouldn't be so fucking abrasive.

But no, because for some magic reason you can't afford it it's ok that you use it without paying for it. Or that "hey it's only a copy."

A COPY IS EXACTLY WHAT THE COMPANY IS TRYING TO SELL YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE.

Then to make things even shittier, they have to ask for help, or wonder why it doesn't work. Well fuck you, maybe if you payed for it you could get some legit tech support. Till then, fuck yourself.

i buy music software(pro tools,superior drummer etc) but i would like to say that there are so many plug ins that are SO EXPENSIVE and there's no reason for those prices,i mean comon they sell software,WAVES Mercury TDM BUNDLE costs 6444

These plugins should not be nearly as expensive, but we have to pay for all the shit fuck pirates that are stealing software. Its just like in a retail store. Prices go up to counteract the losses due to stealing.

Fuck pirating, and a big FUCK YOU to anyone that supports them!

there are no rules to what a home studio needs.
someone might want/need to have the waves bundle and no one can do criticism in that.
more than half of the people here have home studios and we all know that the majority downloads software illegally.
what im trying to say is that i buy and support the companys but some of them really need to understand that there are tons of people who don't buy their software due to high prices,i say fuck you too to all stealers,but i also say fuck you to the high prices.
i run a wine company and do you know how i achieved to gain money?REDUCE the price.....

there are no rules to what a home studio needs.
someone might want/need to have the waves bundle and no one can do criticism in that......

you completely missed the point of what Jarkko & I said.

It has nothing to do with "need" or "rules" and everything to do with "want". People like you have some ridiculous sense of entitlement. If you want mercury bundle in your home / personal studio then buy it. If you can't afford it then buy a lesser bundle or just buy the plugs you'll use. The point is that something like that should, in most cases, not be expected as part of the average tools of a non professional studio.

Nevermind. It's like talking to a religious person. You're fucking delusional and beyond reasoning with cause you're content in your beliefs

I record in a home studio & use API preamps & AKG C414's & 1176 comps. Is all this a need in my home studio? No its a want. I also didnt walk into a store & steal 3000$ worth of gear to record with what I want. Would i like waves plugins? Sure they have there place evrn if I am oldschool analog gear crazy. But would I ever steal plugins or gear to run my studio? No I wouldnt.

Theft is theft. Just like rape is rape. Could I take advantage of the girl passed out drunk at a party & get away with it? Possibly but its still rape. Stop justifying terrible actions. Work hard & buy what you want.

first of all why are you so rude? you say that im "fucking religious and delusional"?LOL
get a life man go read some books to gain better attitude because from what we see is that you don't have a clue about philosophy and sociology,this is supposed to be a nice forum so people who act like that do not belong here.
i will say it again because you didn't understand it,I BUY music software so im not the one who steals here,but im realistic that there are people out there who cannot afford all this crazy prices.
you might found money from your family,or from a country that has many jobs,but there's another part of the world that deserves to have the products that me and you have.
go read again what the other guy said"A home studio does not need Waves Mercury Bundle."
get a life

but there's another part of the world that deserves to have the products that me and you have.

There is nowhere on the planet where this is true. People do not deserve anything they didn't pay for.

A home studio does not need Waves Mercury Bundle.

This is true. No home studio NEEDS the mercury bundle. And it's not overpriced either especially for the amount of shit included.

first of all why are you so rude? you say that im "fucking religious and delusional"?LOL
get a life man go read some books to gain better attitude because from what we see is that you don't have a clue about philosophy and sociology,this is supposed to be a nice forum so people who act like that do not belong here.
i will say it again because you didn't understand it,I BUY music software so im not the one who steals here,but im realistic that there are people out there who cannot afford all this crazy prices.
you might found money from your family,or from a country that has many jobs,but there's another part of the world that deserves to have the products that me and you have.
go read again what the other guy said"A home studio does not need Waves Mercury Bundle."
get a life

Hey dingbat... I didn't say you were religious. I said it was like trying to argue with a religious nut

London huh? Shouldn't your English skills and comprehension be a little better?

comparing software theft to rape is fucking absurd. sorry, couldn't resist. thread sucks, carry on.

comparing software theft to rape is fucking absurd. sorry, couldn't resist. thread sucks, carry on.

No one said it's as bad as rape. Wow ... Some of you are simply incapable of following a logical thought.

No one said software theft is as bad as rape.

People who try to JUSTIFY the perpetration of these acts are as bad as each other in that they believe there's actually a way to justify it

If you're too fuckin stupid to actually understand that and own up to the fact that it makes sense ... Well, I guess there really isn't anything ANYONE can say

Status
Not open for further replies.