Anathema music on Greek TV drama serial

cloudy dream

...in my recovery room
Feb 16, 2004
Athens,Greece
Yesterday night while I was searching the Greek tv channels for something decent to watch I came across a drama serial on Alpha tv which had a Anathema song on and in particular the title track of the last album A natural disaster.

I was surprised to say the least and I kept watching it although the serial was completely crap and guess what... another song was on, this time Violence.

At least they have a good taste in music! Hmm and also I thought about film music and how the Anathema songs were well fitted with the serial.

So I don't remember if it is asked before but have you heard in general Anathema music on tv or movies (except the new one Oblivion)?

I think they used samples of Pressure as background music in German TV once, I've forgotten where and when though.

Judge gsz said:
They also used an Anathema song with one of those "birth" programs we have nowadays. It was of judgement I believe. I didn't see it myself. I read on this board once
oooh, but you SHOULD watch these kinda programs. you can learn o lot from them ;)

you should be thankful for that... at us they never do things like this :cry: once there was some tv program that had some music in it, but it was not The Silent Enigma, just sounded like they stole some tones from it :cry:
one of my friends told me he once saw some ice skating competition where the skater had his coreography on Shrould of False :)

I heard once on some Serbian TV ''2000 & Gone'' in the background. That was in a some TV programme about weather, I think...

Cerulean said:
Yeah that was the acoustic part of Forgotten Hopes I think.
and One Last Goodbye too in that show.
I even recognized a song in the Pfaffs :oops: :oops: :oops: (That Nicolas taking and failing his driver's licence, I don't remember the song.)

There are fans working at Eyeworks,I think.

They played "Release" in a Dutch TV programme called "Peter R. de Vries. He is a crime watcher and with his programme he tries to proof that the police are lazy bastards who dont want to solve sometimes very easy cases. So the part "seeing is believing but I dont wanna know" really made sense hehe.

This is Peter R. de Vries (the R. stands for RAMBO):

1965971723_1999994892_peterr.jpg

peterrdevries-40203.onlineBild.jpg

Is this man cool or what??!:headbang:

Last weekend I was at a multi-storey car park in Istanbul city-centre, walking to the car with my girlfriend, it was past midnight, and "Sunset of Age" was playing. I dunno where it was coming from but might have been from a car in the carpark. I was extremely surprised though. It sounded very spooky in the middle of the night in a dark carpark as well..it felt a bit like a horror movie scene.

Cenk said:
Last weekend I was at a multi-storey car park in Istanbul city-centre, walking to the car with my girlfriend, it was past midnight, and "Sunset of Age" was playing. I dunno where it was coming from but might have been from a car in the carpark. I was extremely surprised though. It sounded very spooky in the middle of the night in a dark carpark as well..it felt a bit like a horror movie scene.
woo once I'd like to try it :)

nice to see you again Cenk, btw

Cerulean said:
Probably Lacrimas Profundere, they're good at stealing.

that's true...they steal what they want from whoever they want, mostly from Anathema. it could be the song 'Solicitude, Silence' which sounds like: 'Restless Oblivion, A Dying Wish'. at least they steal the good parts, hehe.