Anathema supporting HIM?

affinityband said:
HIM are the most homosexual band ever, and write songs so they can score with wannabe goth girls that think the songs lyrics can relate to their own stupid problems. Lets face it, out of pure respect Anathema have Earned the right not too play with bands that have made it because they where eyeliner.....ANGER.
YEAH MAN!!! LOL!

Alustriel said:
It is obvious that such words are used disgracefully. What I object in disgust is: discrimination is so naturalised that such terms have turned into insults...!
If you don't have any problem with gay / black / minority / old etc people then please avoid using such sentences, it just stabilises this sickening attitude.
Last sentence was an irony to emphasise your ardent straightness...
Oh,common Alustriel, GET A GRIP you touchy lady.
:OMG:

A Stranger said:
sucks tho. i cant really go now. nobody i know is willing to be in the same room as HIM...

Dude, what is your problem?
If there is a band you really want to see, just suck it up and deal.

Shouldn't matter if you like HIM or not, if you really want to see Anathema.

I wish people read their sentences before posting.You are "swearing" HIM here but the title of the thread is something different.So open "I hate HIM" thread and put your useless messages there.

PS:
A:Yes Elton John,George Micheal are the most homosexual guys ever...
B:Heyy...Don't say that....................
A:No i did not mean that i dont like their music it is just awful...

Yes we can REALLY understand what people REAL mean when we read their sentences.

HIM are total shit, but don't blame Anathema for being support act.
As mentioned before, they're unsigned atm, so if they get offered to support HIM, they would be absolutely insane to refuse that.
Danny and co don't exactly like HIM or anything :rolleyes:

Cerulean said:
Danny and co don't exactly like HIM or anything :rolleyes:

And you can say that for certain because .. ? Or they said so in where?

HIM's Greatest Lovesongs vol.666 is a brilliant album. And just bashing the band because their lead singer uses makeup and has an image that most of the women find attractive is just silly.

Jasonic said:
Dude, what is your problem?
If there is a band you really want to see, just suck it up and deal.

Shouldn't matter if you like HIM or not, if you really want to see Anathema.

The train of thought i was in was that

HIM (the band) is shit
Anathema (the band) is good
I (the individual) would like to see Anathema (see above)
I (see above) dont want to see HIM (see above)
Im (see above with an added "am") not willing to pay full price just to see the support act
Especially when My Friends (another group of people) are not willing to go to see HIM (see above) and dont like Anathema (see above) enough to pay money to see them at all.

A Stranger said:
The train of thought i was in was that

HIM (the band) is shit
Anathema (the band) is good
I (the individual) would like to see Anathema (see above)
I (see above) dont want to see HIM (see above)
Im (see above with an added "am") not willing to pay full price just to see the support act
Especially when My Friends (another group of people) are not willing to go to see HIM (see above) and dont like Anathema (see above) enough to pay money to see them at all.

I get your point, but if Anathema don't come there often then it shouldn't matter. If you don't like HIM then it sucks that you have to spend the $$$.

I am not the biggest Megadeth fan, but I sure as hell did not skip their tour when Iced Earth opened, as they are in my top 5 favorite bands.

A Stranger said:
in dublin... oh dear... how could this go, so very wrong, that i must, listen to HIM, would anyone, else put up with this?
hahaha! nice.

Jasonic said:
I am not the biggest Megadeth fan, but I sure as hell did not skip their tour when Iced Earth opened, as they are in my top 5 favorite bands.
Hells yes! I too am not a huge Megadeath fan, but i had to go see Iced Earth! Saw them again with In Flames and Jag Panzer.

Oh my. Love Metal really is a shame to the entire genre. And HIM's music is as far from
Alustriel said:
Isoul-touching
as you can come. Seriously. "Funeral of hearts" "Sweet 666" "And love said no" "Buried alive by love" Am I the only one seeing a serious lack of creativity? And what the hell is the verse without guitar thing all about? Hey, guys, let's do all of the verses with bass only, so that all of our songs sound the same: Monotone and boring. With cheezy lyricks. I'd rather be tortured to death by a gang of homocidal scotsmen than listen to that.

HIM; NEI TAK, død ved totur, YESSIR!

I saw Anathema at Milwaukee Metal Fest. God they were gay. The singer looked like Tiny Tim. OK that makes them kind of awesome. But HIM, I almost would like that band if they weren't so trendy and so-loved by Bam Margera. They kind of sound like a cross between Amorphis and To/Die/For but they're too gothic and silly.

Upside-Down Cross Saturday Ignite!

-Vince

N.P. Super Friends - Cartoon Theme

Busted said:
Oh my. Love Metal really is a shame to the entire genre. And HIM's music is as far from
Originally Posted by Alustriel
I soul-touching
as you can come.

I am not sure if you agreed, or, implied that I meant HIM is good, I have an urge to clarify!..
Alustriel said:
..and I felt sorry for Katatonia for having fascist fans who obviously doesn't understand a bit of their soul-touching music.
They=Katatonia. Not soul-touching? I don't like HIM. People can see that there are another ways of expressing dislike.

A Stranger said:
in dublin... oh dear... how could this go, so very wrong, that i must, listen to HIM, would anyone, else put up with this?

Yeah, that sux. It's sad, that band with such rich musical traditions, long history and army of fans most of which are not fans of him will play with HIM. May be HIM are great, but beside ANATHEMA the are chicky bastards, hope many fans of HIM will realise that thing=)