Anathema Tour

derek

Grey Eminence
Sep 30, 2005
Edinburgh, U.K.
I dont know how many of you are actually from the UK...but i thought i'd post this...just pulled it from blabbermouth:

British metallers ANATHEMA have been confirmed as the support act for H.I.M. throughout the U.K. and Ireland in January. Confirmed dates are as follows:

Jan. 16 - Dublin, IRE @ Ambassador
Jan. 17 - Dublin, IRE @ Ambassador
Jan. 19 - Glasgow, SCO @ Carling Academy
Jan. 20 - Newcastle, UK @ Carling Academy
Jan. 21 - Manchester, UK @ Apollo
Jan. 22 - Manchester, UK @ Apollo
Jan. 24 - Birmingham, UK @ Academy
Jan. 25 - Birmingham, UK @ Academy

Definately gonna be at that :)

wow... i think i mgiht cry.. not only is Anathema touring and I cant see them... but they are SUPPORTING H.I.M.... i feel sick to my stomach

Most folks will go to see HIM, i am sure. But i will go see anathema and then decide whether to leave or not. The carling academy is good for standing way back and drinking, so i'll probably do that.

Sounds good, but try not to listen while you're back there. Exposure to HIM has been scientefically proven to cause testosterone levels to drop, tastes to drastically diminish, and propensity towards wanting to hang out in Hot Topic with malltards.

:lol: Theres no worry of that, im way past the age of hanging about in malls! And we dont have hot-topic over here (thank fuck!).

Nice sig btw (Latin was one of my majors)

Lucky git. I tried to explain to my students that shopping at Hot Topic did NOT make any person either rebellious nor counter-culture. If a look, band, or fashion concept is sold pre-packaged via a major store chain, it cannot be counter-culture. Just lame. Sadly, much like concepts of ethos and logos, these concepts were completely lost upon them.

Necromunchkin said:
Sounds good, but try not to listen while you're back there. Exposure to HIM has been scientefically proven to cause testosterone levels to drop, tastes to drastically diminish, and propensity towards wanting to hang out in Hot Topic with malltards.

wow that was pretty much dead on

I would leave after Anathema. How much are tickets? if they're more than $20 I wouldn't go at all (just to see a decent band play for 30 minutes)

I agree, Hot-Topic is ironic insomuch as it mainstreams the underground, so to speak. Personally, i'd never go near the place.

I'm not sure how much tickets are, say £20. Which, for me anyways, is a good deal to see Anathema - even if its just a short set.

Because it's a stupid corporate store, and its just never made its way over here. HOWEVER, i bet it'd make a tonne of money if it did open up. Folks desperate to be part of the counter-culture would buy into it whole heartedly - totally missing the irony.

Latin is awesome, ancient greek is a bitch, however :lol:

The mall near me opened a "Hot Topic Rock" wich is basically just music stuff... they got like 4 Ipod kiosks that constantly play shitty bands like H.I.M. and My Chemical Romance... *cringes*

Final_Product said:
i bet it'd make a tonne of money if it did open up Latin is awesome, ancient greek is a bitch, however :lol:
YEAH YOU'RE RIGHT HOT-TOPIC PROLLY WOULD MAKE A LOT OF MONEY IN "CIVILIZED WESTERN EUROPE" AND IF YOU MEANT TO SAY THAT LEARNING LATIN WAS EASIER THAN LEARNING ANCIENT GREEK THEN YOU'RE PROLLY RIGHT ABOUT THAT TOO

Yeah, Latin is easier...its essentially an inflected language, minus a few differences. So syntax is of no great concern, provided you can learn word ending. If you can internalise the declensions of the perfect tense and well as the adjective endings, and then move on to other tenses you could prob learn latin in about 2yrs. Ancient greek is much more difficult as it is vastly different from how we concieve a language.