Anathema won't play at Summerbreeze 2005

Hypnos

steck ihn nei!
Feb 5, 2002
Visit site
...because the band wanted too much money...(as stated on the website: www.summer-breeze.de)

@Danny:

you surely had your reasons and i don't know any further details, but it sad...it would be great to see you at this festival. i have been there for the last three times and spent there some of the best days (and nights) of my life. there's a great atmosphere there, like all the fans and the bands were a great family, DragonLady could second that. maybe you can change your minds. hope for that...

breaklose said:
its shit that festival, the camp site is like 120km away from the stages, the drinks are expensive, and the sound's shit. poo poo poo.

the campsite is between 600 and 900 meters from the stages, depends on where your tent stands (the earlier you're the better place you get), beer is cheaper than on other festivals (eg. Wacken) and the sound quality depends where you stand. if you're near the stages the sound is not bad at all (Painstage being better than Mainstage...)
so it's a metal-festival and not a kindergarden-party...:headbang:

maybe the band should play for less and i and my mates give them some free booze when they visit us at the camping site...serious delirium guaranteed!

why should they play for less? did they "want too much money" for a band of their stature?? you pays peanuts you gets amon amarth

Hypnos said:
the campsite is between 600 and 900 meters from the stages, depends on where your tent stands (the earlier you're the better place you get), beer is cheaper than on other festivals (eg. Wacken) and the sound quality depends where you stand. if you're near the stages the sound is not bad at all (Painstage being better than Mainstage...)

yeah but at the price the tickets are, i reckon i have the right to whine about the lack of comfort. when i went in 2002 we had to take a fucking bus to get to the campsite which was on the top of a hill 1km away from the stages, so no chance you could do that by feet at 2am. the sound quality depends on where i stand? no shit? by the 5.000th gig of the day i think i had tried any position on the field, and it sounded shit everywhere, and the bigger the band, the shittier the sound.

im not going to a metal festival again anyway, if its to hang out with people like ... you know who.

Anathema should go to Roskilde this year, should be good for them. Green stage would be a perfect fit.

Last time I went there, our campsite was at least a km away from the stage area btw.

I don't, actually (that was for Mehdi's last sentence).

Funny, even Hungary could afford Anathema in 2004 :D They're supposed to come back in August, maybe the negative financial record of the country will eventually prevent them from playing here again.

I'm happy I was born early enough not to miss them.

Hypnos said:

i heard standing on your head near the Painstage is not bad

anathema should be doing the 'oxygen' festival here in ireland at this stage of the game, if you aint on that you aint jack all

Oh Anathema should come to Pamplona in July in the festivals.

200407061425058915_150.jpg

It doesnt matter if the dont want to do a gig, they could just drink. :headbang:

They can run with the bulls, but i wouldnt do it too dangerous. :erk:

200407080007515716_150.jpg

world.jpg

Ok that is kind of ... :D

I was there last year for the first time and the camp site wasnt that far away really, I heard they changed it from the previous years anyway... I really loved the atmosphere on the festival and it was 3 days of great fun, I can say one of the best festivals in the last summer :headbang:

btw I'm sure there will be other festivals where we can see anathema :)

Abcidia said:
Oh Anathema should come to Pamplona in July in the festivals.

200407061425058915_150.jpg

It doesnt matter if the dont want to do a gig, they could just drink. :headbang:

They can run with the bulls, but i wouldnt do it too dangerous. :erk:

200407080007515716_150.jpg

world.jpg

Ok that is kind of ... :D

You are EVILL for killing cows by FUN!!! And Anathema aren NOT greedies!!!! Why to say are greedy to get paid for the fine job by them?

@Breaklose: as DragonLady1 said, they changed the location of the camping site in 2003. but you're right, that one in 2002 was really far from the stages, surely more than 1 km

@Ikeaboy: well, if you were a good-looking girl, no problem. but i prefer them sitting on my face :loco: