Anathema

alternative 4 was my first anathema album and i was floored the first time i listened to it. it is one of the most (if not the) emotional and depressing album released by a metal band. eternity is pretty close, but it would been an even greater album if vinny's vocals were better at the time.

they have 3 iirc. theres an old one, a moment in time and were you there or something. were you there is incredible... danny does are you there and you can hear that hes experiencing whatever pain inspired him to write it.

Yeah, I used to see that old one around a few years ago. I never bought it cause the tracklist was entirely silent enigma and older and it just didn't look to be very high quality. What's "A moment in time?" I've never heard of that. My friend has the new one but I keep forgetting to borrow it from him, I'll probably just end up buying it (if there's an NTSC version).

a moment in time is the new one. i cant remember the setlist off the top of my head but its certainly a good one. has judgement, angelica, panic, empty (which vinny fucks up:p) and i forget the others. i havent seen it in a while. the oly bad thing is they dont really interact with the audience at all and theyre really uptight (apparently all the techos fucked up on the night so it was a bit stressful). i havent seen the old one for the same reasons as you said.

They play a pretty good cover of 'Comfortably Numb' on 'A Moment in Time' too.

I saw them play that cover a couple of years ago, and it was great. I didn't know there songs, but I was really impressed with their show. When the dude said into the mic "Time to go" - I thought he meant it was the end of the show! But then that phrase started echoing, and I couldn't believe it at first, until they actually started playing Comfortably Numb. Great show.

And yes, Alt. 4 is amazing. It would be perfect if it didn't have that crappy title track.

Judgement pwns the rest I'm afraid. Top band, looking forward to their next effort

^^me too

Eternity, The Silent Enigma and Pentecost III are my favourite ones. AFDTE is by far their weakest album

I agree that the last few minutes are stupid and unnecessary. Overall though it sounds much more "professional" than the previous albums. Alt 4 has some real cringeworthy moments when they get too melodramatic. AFDTE sounds more sincere to me.