Antimatter

If you weren't aware, they're the band of the bassist that left Anathema after Alternative 4...they had some EP where they did covers of some old Anathema material. I thought saviour was pretty good but not good enough that I ever felt compelled to check out "Lights Out" or any other albums they may have released since.

Planetary Confinement is my personal favorite, though they're all good. I have to admit, I haven't listend to the new one yet since I'm afraid it won't live up to the others.

I actually haven't heard them in a while though, since it's not really winter here yet it and it would seem odd to listen to them in a different time...

I own "Saviour" a very good album with 2 beautiful female voices. Duncan Patterson does a good job on this. I did'nt feel compelled to buy anymore of their albums though.

Two years ago when the "Planetary Confinement" album was new I also stumbled over Antimatter. At that time they had this "Internet only"-release for free download. Yet, it didn't take long till it bored me. It is nice music but really a little simple plus no intense moments imo. After a while, I deleted it from my hard drive. Maybe I should have bought "Planetary Confinement". It's probably a little better.

Two years ago when the "Planetary Confinement" album was new I also stumbled over Antimatter. At that time they had this "Internet only"-release for free download. Yet, it didn't take long till it bored me. It is nice music but really a little simple plus no intense moments imo. After a while, I deleted it from my hard drive. Maybe I should have bought "Planetary Confinement". It's probably a little better.

Yeah, an acoustic ep that sucks so bad they gave it away free is surely a great way to give them a chance, gj

Yeah, if that's what I think it is, it's just demos of the songs that appear on their albums. Is it the one with a couple of Anathema songs, and a few covers as well (including Pink Floyd)? If it is, then you definately need to give the band another shot, because that doesn't do them justice.

just meeting with duncan patterson for a few drinks this evening. one of my fave bands and "lights out" is one of the darkest records ive ever heard in my life.

Sorry for the noob question but who is Duncan Patterson? Also I haven't heard "lights out" yet, but your description entices me:heh:. All I have so far is Leaving Eden and Planetary Confinement, and I love them both.

Sorry for the noob question but who is Duncan Patterson? Also I haven't heard "lights out" yet, but your description entices me:heh:. All I have so far is Leaving Eden and Planetary Confinement, and I love them both.

He was the former anathema bassist (up through alternative 4) and is the main singer/songwriter for antimatter (or maybe he's not the main singer saviour was mostly chicks).

Duncan Patterson never sang any Antimatter stuff as far as I know, and he's not in the band anymore, it's just Mick Moss.

Antimatter is amazing stuff!
I'd suggest anyone who's only heard Saviour to check out Planetary Confinement, it's very different. It's mostly acoustic, and very beautiful and melancholic. Leaving Eden is also just great, and Lights Out, and Saviour's got some great songs... ahh heck I love them all heh

in_ab actually got me onto these guys. theyre nice but nothing extraordinary. worth a listen.

<3 they're one of my fave bands, i'm glad u like them

just meeting with duncan patterson for a few drinks this evening. one of my fave bands and "lights out" is one of the darkest records ive ever heard in my life.

Lucky! :p I had a brief talk with him ages ago, he's such a nice guy

my fave album of theirs is Saviour, but they all own

Forgot to mention, Epitaph is one of the most beautiful songs songs I've ever heard. I told my sister that if I died tommorow I want that played at my funeral. :ill: