...and when comes the new bodom????

Xred_light_eyeX

zombie flesh eater
Nov 29, 2004
vienna
greetingz from vienna!
my question to you guys; you have time enough! so, when come your new album? your last two albums was okay (but not really!!!), so please come on guys and show me what you can do with your instruments!!!! I´ll hope you take not the same way like In Flames or Metallica! does anybody know when the next COB release come? I have something hope in it!! thx

Im Frühjahr, dann gehts auf Welttour (yeah, auch nach Wien, da semma uns \m/!)
Bin aber nicht ganz sicha....aber eben vorraussichtlich im Frühjahr....

later next year, and follow the reaper kicks your ass, and hatecrew deathroll was different but still awesome, and how the hell could you not like kissing the shadows!?

what a pathetic attempt to make a joke ....u really suck...and not funny :hotjump:

I´ve never said that I don´t like kissing the shadows! the song is great! but I don´t like the sound of the album and the keyboard is ugly (just my opinion, sorry!). I also like bodom beach terror on their last album, but whats going on with songs like angels don´t kill???? this song sucks and makes me tired!

@parn666: dankeschön für die info! freut mich an echten Verner in diesem forum zu treffen, denn mein englisch is rillie beeeed!!!

Angels Don`t Kill is the worst song on HCDR. But its still my favourite CoB album because CoB moved into more hars and harder riffs and it really rocks. Sounds more intresting. I love both old and new CoB, and thats it.

The new album will be recorded in March, then maybe a few summer festivals and the album comes out in August in Finland and probably 3 months after that in the rest of the world like the last two albums. Just check Scythes Of Bodom to be up to date.

yeah dude the keyboards on FTR are really good. My favorite keyboards are from something wild because that shit just sounds pure evil, but i can fully understand why people dont like keyboard solos. As far as my favorite keyboard solo, it's gotta be Norther "cry". It has more feeling than you usually get out of a keyboard.

the keyboards are ugly on follow the reaper? wtf are you smokin man? i think ftr has some of the best keyboards of any bodom album, mask of sanity and hate me! anybody?

okay, I can´t say that the keyboard is ugly, but I hate it, sorry. sure, janne is a great keyboarder, also jens johannson, but I don´t like the mixing sound of guitars and keyboards. I love the keyboard-sound on hatebreeder, cause it´s more in the background and have a fascinated harmonical wave. it´s more an athmosphere sound and not a look-how-fast-I-can-play-my-instrument-solo!

@zarok: thx for information! (woher weiss er das bloss immer?? :D)

If you don't like the latest two albums listen to the first two, is it so fuckin' hard to understand? :err: I mean, I'm sure everyone is curious about the new cd and everything but we just can wait! nothing more. ;)
I understand you may be disappointed by the last CoB stuff, but as alexi said in many interviews, they are evolving as a band and trying new stuff. If they would've kept the same style I bet everyone would be saying "OMG they're getting so fucking boring, why don't they try new things and styles".

p.s. sorry for my english :D

yeah i agree
if the band always sound the same, ppl would get bored because of it...i would say something like: 'damn all their songs sound the same' and im sure that some ppl would feel the same.

I also like new stuff, but not the "new stuff" of COB. what´s new on the solos of HCDR? it´s always the same boring melodies. ok some parts are really cool, but its always the same. and alexis singing is uncomfortable for me......yau, yau! I don´t want a same album like hatbreeder or SW, but on the same level and a athmosphere that goes under your skin, that would be nice!

ps.: sorry about MY english :D :D

yeah well it's not that easy just to sit back and let it all fall apart. They can make whatever albums they want now but at least give us a good portion of old shit in concert.

When they came in italy, in july, they played Everytime I Die, Silent Night Bodom Night, Towards Dead End, Bed Of Razors, Downfall , and even Deadnight Warrior...I'm pretty sure that's just a matter of time. Anyway I obviously would love to hear live songs like CoB, Lake Bodom, Red light in my eyes...that would be great :)

EndlessWhore said:
yeah well it's not that easy just to sit back and let it all fall apart. They can make whatever albums they want now but at least give us a good portion of old shit in concert.

Yeah, this is pretty much how I feel about the whole situation.

It is difficult to just watch a band you have invested your time and soul into piss away their potential. Back in 97-2000 they were probably the best band on the planet and these days I wouldn't say they are even close based on their current material.

To me it seems like they have a total lack of sympathy or respect for the fans of the old stuff. Alexi seems to just have the mind set that "We are gonna do what we want, and fuck what everyone else thinks". Which is a very ignorant way to think in my opinion. They should indeed be writing what they want. But at the same time trying to make it so all fans can enjoy it. Rather than alienating the fans of the old stuff.

I think they could at least do one last tour for the fans of SW and HB and play all the unplayed songs off those albums as a farewell to it.