And yet ANOTHER Kayo Dot thread...

General Zod

Ruler of Australia
May 1, 2001
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
This may have been askd and answered in one of the previous Kayo Dot threads. However, I'm way too lazy to read through all the previous KD threads to try to find my answer. Anyway... here's my question.

I picked up "Bath" by Maudlin of the Well about a year and a half ago. I think it's been about that same amount of time since I've spun it (and I probably only spun it once). Anyway, all these KD threads have piqued my curiosity. Should I simply revisit "Bath" to get a feel for whether or not I would like KD, or do I need to check out KD in their current incarnation?

Zod

since you already have Bath, revisit it. if you like it, get Leaving Your Body Map, as the two albums are considered halves of a project. My Fruit Psychobells is a college project, I think (somebody mentioned that here once).

or, alternatively, get the Kayo Dot album and work your way backwards, to experience the progression of this quirky band's vision (see progressions thread). I can see how lots of people might like KD and not relish Maudlin, or vice versa.

kayo dot? I never ever fricking knew this was maudlin!!!!!

I used to hang with those guys like in 99 at the metalfests. Great band, and cool people. I must get this kayo dot cd....where do i search for it?

I know i have some pictures of the band from that era somewhere that I took, and maybe even some video footage...

evil c.

Yes! Pics!

Note that Kayo Dot is quite different from maudlin of the Well. The level of progression between Bath/LYBM is a pretty big leap, and there are some (like lurch and JayK) that don't really like Kayo Dot. Zod, definitely get Leaving Your Body Map if you like Bath, they are companion albums.

Black Winter Day said:
If maudlin sounds like the mind of a fisherman at the shore, KD sounds like the mind of some bizarre deep-sea creature that no one's ever discovered.
I love you. :Spin: I mean, that's about the best description I've ever heard.