Another Kayo Dot thread, for several reasons...

I dunno, but if you see a t-shirt could you snag one for me, XL? I wanted to buy some shits at the show but the merch table wasn't set up / I couldn't find it when I left.

I've worn XL since I was 12 years old and scrawny! Why does everyone think XL is so big?

Thanks much, focker. :)

I'm not little... I have big fucking shoulders and wide baby-birthing hips and XL is damn billowing on me.

However, it sort of depends on what brand you wear. I bought some Timberland shirts in medium and they are bigger than some large shirts I own! Generally, though, that's what I wear, but I wanted tighter M shirts to make me look more pimpin'.

Once my shoulders and ribcage decided to catch up with my height (6 years later) I filled in the XL's to pimpin' proportions. Then my gut filled in the lower part of my torso, but that only changed the size of pants I wear. :loco:

wtf is this thread doing talking about attire sizes? :lol:

*ducks*

It's still in my inbox! I listen to it right now, send me Lanegan shit please!!! :D

Dude this totally rocks. Reminds me of GY!BE.

YES. This indeed rules, it rules indeed.

Ooooooooooooooh thank you!

EDIT: This stuff is very good. Interesting contrast between the purposely craptastic drum machine and insanely clear vocals. Man oh man do Lanegan's vocals rule.

Well, I braved the 90 minute drive up the mountain in freezing rain, got lost in Asheville for an hour, sat through 3 bands (one of them being an extremely noisy... well, noise/drone band) and finally got to see the masterful Kayo Dot. Is this music fucked up or what??? Excellent, heavy-as-balls performance.

Talked to Greg for a bit, as well as several other members. Nice guys. One Inch Penis: good news, bad news. Yes, I got you a shirt. But they didn't have any XL, so you'll have to start counting your carbs to fit into a L. :) Also, they were out of the shirts with tour dates on the back, so I bought you a black shirt with the gray thingy and band name.

Thanks dude. Although I was last able to fit in an L when I weighed 130 lbs. and was 6 inches shorter than I am right now, that was 13 years ago. :lol:

dude this lanegan CD (Bubblegum) is easily the most consistent yet. you're right about the purposefully lazy backup, even though he's supposedly clean these days, the music still harkens back to a junkified stupor in places (although his first two CDs were REALLY on the nod).
I've got to dig out "Where Did You Sleep Last Night" from his first, of course you're familiar with another version of it from Nirvana's unplugged, Lanegan on vocals, Cobain guitar, Novoselic on bass and Mark Pickerel (Screaming Trees) on drums.