Anders Friden making digs at DT

You know, as a fan of both of these bands, I can actually say that Mikale Stanne is 1. a down to earth kinda guy and 2. a musician far better than Anders..Nothing against In Flames..but I've talked to both these dudes after the shows and Mikale..although singing and banging around more than Anders onstage, he still has time to carry on a kick ass conversation unlike Anders who just speaks his one word convos all the damn time...

:wave: Welcome, ImpotentGOD. Enjoy your stay and be productive (and beware of the local troll). I respect the mentality that's behind the post you wrote above. Finally, i like your sig, especially the verse "Why does the wind always blow cold and always the wrong way?".

I love In Flames too, but seriously. Dosen't Fredin sound more girlish than Mikael. Just a thought, but growl is better when it has a certain manlyness to it. Or am I wrong?

Friden's growling is good but I feel he kind of lost the trick after colony. After that album, his voice had somewhat of a muuffled and dry sound. IMO, his best work is found on "The Jester Race" and "Whoracle". Also, I don't think a growl has to be deep and "manly" to be good. Just listen to Angela Gossow kicking it on "Wages of Sin" and you'll know what I mean. ;)

Well, that's becaus you're a guy. Cause you are a guy, right? Maybey a manly voice like Stanne's isn't as apealing then, or I don't know. That's what I think at least.

Oh, I didn't mean that I don't like voices like Stanne's or Hegg's (kick ass) or Ribeiro's. It's actually my favorite type of growl on the scene. However, I do enjoy other tones. Still, I agree that Friden sounds real bad nowadays.

No, that whole "manliness" bullshit (imo) has nothing to do with how good it sounds (imo). In fact, i wouldn't say Anders's voice is more "girlish". Maybe less powerful or higher-pitched or whatever, but definitely not "girlish".

you sure?

andersfriden.jpg

I was waiting for that picture to resurface :)

Yeah, but I'm a girl. That's why I put priority on Stanne's manlyness, and therefor don't really like friden.