Andromeda Discussion

Final Extension is one of my favorite albums ever, and is by far their best album. There's no better place to start than that album. :kickass:

I couldn't put Chimera down for a couple of weeks
+1. Got three disks, and Chimera sat at the top of the rotation for almost a week. Finally had to move the files off the pc at work because I just had to listen to other bands.

As far as the "must play" requests go...I really like "Periscope"

Great band for the festival. I'd been putting them on my 'bands I could sponsor" list to Glenn for a few years, but after awhile I shrugged and moved on, thinking their time hadn't come, or had come and gone. Glad to be able to see them!

In the End shows one of the reasons I really like this band. Its complex, and interesting music, yet it gets stuck in my head.

I know Glenn posted one of the clips from the dvd. I would suggest looking for others on youtube. The dvd is amazing, and I feel their material sounds better on that live recording than the discs.

Hi folks!

Johan Reinholdz from Andromeda here.
Cool that you dig our stuff! Thanks!

Ascension - are you kidding or what?! Did Dream Theater cover a part of Encyclopedia?! Awesome if that´s true... Seems weird..
Could you put up a link or something to that recording? Would be appreciated.

Ascension - are you kidding or what?! Did Dream Theater cover a part of Encyclopedia?! Awesome if that´s true... Seems weird..
Could you put up a link or something to that recording? Would be appreciated.

No l'm not kidding. l originally read about it on DT's messageboard (a couple of years before it was taken down). They inserted it into their Instrumedley which was a long instrumental piece they did on tour that was a mixture of alot of the instrumental sections in their songs & of course including Ytse Jam. My understanding is John Petrucci is a fan of Andromeda. Unfortunately that was a few years ago...l'm not sure if it exists on the internet anymore.

I cannot wait to see them live. Have all the albums and all of them are great but my favorite is II=I. David's vocals on that album are truly inspirational.

Unfortunately, I haven't heard the reworked Extension.

*pulls out card and presses the "buy now" button*

No l'm not kidding. l originally read about it on DT's messageboard (a couple of years before it was taken down). They inserted it into their Instrumedley which was a long instrumental piece they did on tour that was a mixture of alot of the instrumental sections in their songs & of course including Ytse Jam. My understanding is John Petrucci is a fan of Andromeda. Unfortunately that was a few years ago...l'm not sure if it exists on the internet anymore.

I managed to track down (what I think is) the video in question. Encylopedia plays during the credits of the video, but I'm pretty sure it's just a clip of the song, and not actually performed by DT as the medley seems more or less over by the time the credits start.

Yes Braxil, I saw that one too. They have taken that from the II=I disc.
Too bad... Would have felt honoured if they had covered us.. :)

But which version? I really like Mackrory's version best, it has more depth on vocals in my opinion.

Bear

I prefer the original too. Both singers did a good job in my opinion, but I think Mackrory's unique vocals added more variety and dynamics to the songs. I enjoy all their material though, and I think Fremberg is a great singer too.