Andy and Andols= GODDAMN!!!

musickey

djenital moosic
Feb 17, 2006
INDIANA
This is a blog from Mark Hunter of Chimaira
"So this was the final week of writing, and what a great week it was. We manged to throw together what i bet will wind up being the 2 best songs on the cd....which as you all might know by now that it is called "Resurrection"
I think that names says it all.
We head to Florida sunday to start pre-production with Jason, then we come back here on the 1st to start tracking drums with Andy Sneap.

I am officially excited about this record."

Well Mr. Andy Sneap i know im not the only one on your forum that would love up to date details on you tracking Andols so man if at all possible PLEASE DO that would be unreal!!! cant fucking wait.:headbang:
And i think Jason is on here as well details would fuckin rule

Andy Sneap said:
tracking drums and mixing
Drums only? So someone else is tracking everything else?
Why would that be? Money? Time & schedules? Other projects?

Also what is involved with the pre production process that Mark mentions?
What is it? What does it entail?

Not being a wise ass, just interested & want to know. :)

I haven't heard Chimaira's third album (self-titled, right?), but the guitars on Impossibillity of Reason are absolutely crushing. THAT album, is the finest example of a 5150 IMO.

So...who's doing the geeeetars for this album? Hmmm....

Machinated said:
Any photo's from the drum tracking that you might take would be cool to see. Really excited to hear the finished CD.

I second that Andy, any thing to help us out would be absolutly appreciated!!
pics mic choice and placement anything really would be cool as fuck!!!

Have been listening to the last album at the office all day. I keep hitting repeat on "Salvation".... great news on the Sneapster involvement. My nads are shaking in anticipation already.

Thats awesome. I wasnt too crazy about the last record but when I saw Chimaira a few months back with Andols back on the kit the new stuff sounded waayyy better, more interesting.

Billybats123 said:
Thats awesome. I wasnt too crazy about the last record but when I saw Chimaira a few months back with Andols back on the kit the new stuff sounded waayyy better, more interesting.

I agree. It's funny because a lot of people gave Chimaira props when Talley joined and said that album was the best with him on it, but he doesn't really do anything interesting on it, IMO. Andols I think is a better overall drummer, just doesn't have the pedigree for the "troo and kvlt" metalheads out there.

nwright said:
I agree. It's funny because a lot of people gave Chimaira props when Talley joined and said that album was the best with him on it, but he doesn't really do anything interesting on it, IMO. Andols I think is a better overall drummer, just doesn't have the pedigree for the "troo and kvlt" metalheads out there.
+1
I don't know if one is a better drummer than the other, I'd say Andols has more original stuff, while Kevin has insane speed. Both kick ass :headbang: I definitely liked Impossibility more than the self-titled album.

Jasons tracking Vox and producing, i'll be doing the majority of the guitar tracking, and andy is tracking drums and mixing. The guys have been here doing prepro and writing for the past week and lemme say that andols sounds fucking amazing! His playing is killer and i'm sure andy will get rockin tones, as andols hits very consistent. This is without a doubt the heaviest chimaira record to date. Get ready kids!

later,

mark

axeman720 said:
Jasons tracking Vox and producing, i'll be doing the majority of the guitar tracking, and andy is tracking drums and mixing. The guys have been here doing prepro and writing for the past week and lemme say that andols sounds fucking amazing! His playing is killer and i'm sure andy will get rockin tones, as andols hits very consistent. This is without a doubt the heaviest chimaira record to date. Get ready kids!

later,

mark

GOD DAMN MAN Details man!!!!!! come on hook it up im dyin here, are they using 5150's again? what mic pres, mics, mic position all the good shit man COME ON LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: I know the album will kik ballz but i gotta at least know how it was put together in the studio. This is a great oppertunity for us noobs to get filled in on a great band getting tracked by some badass's :headbang: