Andy to mix new Nevermore... band enters studio to record in August... woot!

Hahahaha, whoops, I never read those quotes :D I never knew Wichers had any producing chops, but fuck yeahs!

Hahahaha, whoops, I never read those quotes :D I never knew Wichers had any producing chops, but fuck yeahs!

Wichers produced some of the Soilwork mid-era stuff (Natural Born Chaos IIRR), and then left the band a couple of years ago to start a full-time producer career in the USA. IIRR he produced the Warrell Dane solo album as well as the Nuclear Blast (or Century Media ?) anniversary album, something similar to the roadrunner united album in terms of concept.

And now he's back in Soilwork but still producing some stuff.

Thats one badass combo of awesomeness. The only thing that would make it more awesome would be if they didnt let Warrel Dane sing on the album! =D

£10 saying andy manages to somehow re-invent the metal mixing wheel AGAIN.

I personally really like Warrel's vocals! And just to be clear I have a major chub thinking about this album!

I love Nevermore (instrumental) music, i think Warrel vocal lines are really good but his voice/the way he's singing them makes me wanna puke really :)

I'd love to hear another singer singing his stuff.

I didn't used to like his vocals, but after a while I really really got into them.

Héhé. I hated his vocals from day one, and then as i got more and more into Nevermore i started to realize his vocals lines/ideas were really good but i just hated the way he sang them (he sounds too whiney for me, and i cant stand the vibrato thing he's doing ALL THE TIME) :)

I love the barely contained drama in Warrel Dane's voice. I think he's one of the few truly unique metal vocalist out there today, and he's just as amazing live as on record. It took me awhile to learn to appreciate his voice, but damn I think it fits the music perfectly now!

-Sigurd-

Meh, the most I can say is I've learned to tolerate it, I can't stand the quality of his voice, it's like he's almost "gargling" (tonality-wise)

His vocals are an acquired taste, mainly because he has such a dreadful and unique sound to his voice.. People aren't used to it.

I wonder what Nevermore would sound like with Chuck Billy singing.. :D

I LOVE Warrel's voice to be honest. I hate powermetal and heavymetal and all that mumbo jumbo with its vocals, but man I just soooo love Warrel's vocals :D It's so dramatic without being overly homosexual like most power metal crap. It just works, I like it!

i fucking love warrels voice an i have since the moment i first heard it hes got so much raw power and emotion thats been contained by his years of vocal trainin i think its the perfect balance of jaged yet polished vocal styling.