Angel Of Retribution.

Awesome Dirty Sanchez!
I can't wait for Tuesday 22nd in manchester !!!!!!!!!!!!

Your going to that gig as well paxoman ? cool :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
Il be wearing my 'Screaming for Vengeance' shirt and il be with a blonde girl
and some other guy ive never met.......so if you see a guy in a 'vengeance' shirt with a blonde girl and with a guy he doesnt know, say hi ok..... lol :kickass:

My girlfriend would'nt come to the gig, apparently.. 'Priest' are not good enough, she loves cradle of filth and all that shit! :Shedevil: Nevermind...Im getting married in august (18th) and i will be sorting out the music for the reception hehe :devil: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Fuckin' awesome!! Probably the best gig I've seen (and I've seen a few gigs, let me tell you). The combination of the Scorpions and Judas Priest was a banquet of heavy metal. Anyway, my words won't do it justice. Can mere words be arranged in great legions atop a bloodied battlefield, stretching back beyond the distant horizon and littered around the bones of the newly dead? For then and only then could mere words convey the utter Heavy Metalness of the occasion.
Fantastic!! :headbang:

Holy Fuck Mate!!!

Not much i can say to that! Thanks man now i really really cannot wait until tuesday!!!! how the fuck am i gonna sleep now !!!!

Valanx - OK mate I'll look out for ya! I'll probably be in a Saxon t shirt with a woman 4'10. I don't mean I'll be in the t shirt WITH her by the way!!!

DirtySanchez - Setlist setlist setlist! At least a rough setlist please. And how long did JP play for? And what songs did the Scorpions play?

This may be isolated but my mate is a long time Priest devotee, he went along to Hammy O last night (Thurs) thought Scorpions where fantastic great set, great energy, great sound (much better than he expected!). And then Priest came on, had an awful sound, Rob H (IHO) stood there as if to say the world is a much better place now I'm back in Priest and went through the motions.

The upshot of the sound being so awful my mate walked out after six songs, and even wonders if the sound was bad to disguise Halfords faltering voice?

Like I said just one persons opinion.

Paxoman, setlists as follows (I nicked these of another site and they seem as accurate as far as my memory goes) -

Scorpions -

Coming Home (edit) / Bad Boys Running Wild / The Zoo / Love ‘Em Or Leave ‘Em / Coast To Coast / Loving You Sunday Morning / Tease Me Please Me / Blackout / Big City Nights / Dynamite / Still Loving You / Rock You Like A Hurricane

Make sure you get their early to see the Scorpions, they fookin' rocked and came close to stealing the show.

Judas Priest -

The Hellion/Electric Eye/Metal Gods/Riding on the Wind/The Ripper/A Touch of Evil/Judas Rising/Revolution/Hot Rockin'/Breaking the Law/I'm a Rocker/Diamonds & Rust (acoustic)/Deal With the Devil/Hellrider/Beyond the Realms of Death/Turbo Lover/Victim of Changes/Green Manalishi/Painkiller

Encores: Hell Bent for Leather/Living after Midnight/You've Got Another Thing Comin'

Fingers - Yeah, I've seen a lot of negatively about this gig on t'internet. Basically the main complaints seem be the sound was muddy, the Priest were too loud (!) and Halford isn't as good a singer as Tim 'Ripper' Owens.

Basically, each to their own but I wondering if either I was at a different gig or maybe the pissy Carling I was drinking had more effect on me than I thought. For me anyway, it was the mother of all gigs. Perhaps with most die-hard Priest devotees now being in their mid-forties, they've all turned into leather-clad Victor Meldrew types. 'Grumble! Grumble! It's far too loud! Bah! Maybe the Ripper was better! In my day...etc etc' :D

Regarding my experience at Birmingham NEC last night:

OK - all I can say is that it was FUCKIN' AMAZING!

Forget all the negative bollocks about Rob Halford and stuff. Even if the gig I witnessed was 50% less effective than the one I actually saw, it would have still been excellent!
The setlist was how DirtySanchez described it. The sound was good. Rob Halford was in excellent form and had the audience in his clawed hand within minutes! The guy is a genius! The guitar work was simply stunning - I just gaped in awe during the 'Hellrider' break!
However, the best thing of all - the band members had a really good chemistry and rapport with each other. There was a huge sense of fun and humour between the members. This good vibe passed itself out to the crowd and was a truly enlightening experience!
Highights for me:
'I'm A Rocker' - never had been a favourite of mine, but I perceived a whole new angle to it with Rob's performance and attitude.
'Hellrider' - the guitar break was simply stunning!
'Turbo Lover' - simply an arena classic!
'Victim Of Changes' - my favourite of the night! So much energy, class, talent and musicianship. It was a performance that left me in awe! Just amazing!
'You've Got Another Thing Comin'' - By this stage, the humour and fun had really taken over. Rob H got the audience involved and the band were obviously having a great time. A great way to end the Show!

Valanx - you are going to Bloody love it, Man!

By the way - The Scorpians did OK (never been a big fan, myself) but I heard a lot of compliments about them after their performance. I think supporting Priest was a good move for them.

Anyone going to Manchester tomorrow?

DirtySanchez, Nightwar - What time did the bands come on, and what time did it finish? I'm trying to arrange maximum time in the pub! I was wondering if we could make our last train home, or if we would have to drive.

Paxoman - Well, at Birmingham the schedule was top notch. The Scorpians came on at the correct time (7:30) and there was about 40 minutes between them and Priest. I didn't bring my mobile as I was standing, but by the time I walked back to the car, it was 11:45, so I guess Priest finished at 11:30.
Talking of Mobiles - I have to admit,these people who bring them to gigs to take photos and stuff are getting really annoying! Is it just me or am I correct on this? There was one guy that spent the entire gig fiddling with his mobile and attempting to take photos. A few picture shots, I can understand, but don't these people actually want to see the performance?
Anyhoo, enjoy the gig, Paxoman - because I was driving, I had to stay sober, but it still fuckin' rocked!

Just one more day to go for me!!!
Cant believe i will be seeing Halford back with Priest with my own two eyes!!!
The wait has all but killed me !

:headbang:

Thanks guys for reviews\setlists etc. !
Was wondering about the quality of the merchandise ?? what kind of stuff was being sold ? im hoping they have some nice t-shirts :headbang:

Valanx - Yeah, there was a nice range of T-Shirts to buy. I always go for the basic tour T-shirt (£20) but there were some more fancy kind of tops going for sale.
There was also some Scorpians merchandise being sold, if anyone is interested.
I advise that you don't bother buying stuff from the touts outside, after the gig, the quality looked shit and these people are pretty moronic!

Cheers Nightwar for the info. Looks like we will have to drive then (well Sammi will be doing the driving!) because if JP are gonna finish at 11.30, our last train will be long gone!

Fingers - It's tomorrow we are to going to see JP, I was just wondering if anyone was going to see them on the first night in Manchester! Going back to what your mate was saying about Rob Halfords atitude at the Hammy. When I watched the free dvd that came with Angel Of Retribution, I was less than impressed with Rob Halfords atitude in that gig. The singing was OK, but he never ever looks at the crowd. He spends most of the time looking at his feet or at the side of the stage, and hardly ever interacts with the crowd at all. I won't be impressed if he acts like that tomorrow night thats for sure! Anyway, I'm looking forward to it. It promises to be a great night. Mind you, I should have been in Nottingham seeing a band called Saxon instead! Actually, I should be in Dudley right now, having a few beers and getting ready to see Saxon! Oh well, October isn't so far off!!!!!!!

Paxo - it's good to hear you ain't driving. I had to restrain myself for the entire night and live off a bottle of diet coke! This is a very hard thing to do even on a usual Saturday night, let alone when you're seeing The Priest in concert!
Regarding Rob Halford's performance - I wouldn't let it get to you. His stage persona is one of arrogance etc. After all, he is the 'Metal God'. At first, he did all the dramatics and was leaning forward, looking down, when he was giving it some, but that is his style. But, I can assure you, that he aknowledged the crowd and built a real bond with them as the gig went on. As the band hit the classics, a definate rapport was created and there was much participation. I could see that the band were clearly enjoying themselves, espicially Halford - who refused to leave the stage at the end of the gig. He just continued baiting for more attention - real pantomine!
All I can say is go and enjoy yourself and see what I mean!

Nightwar - Having been to the gig, it was nice to see Rob Halford wasn't as bad as he is on that free dvd! He did acknowledge the crowd during the songs, but there wasn't too much interaction between songs. But all in all it was a great night. I must say that I thought the Scorpions were superb.

Just one other thing to say. I was wearing my Lionheart t shirt and a bloke came up to me and said "that is the best album of 2004". I had to agree!