Angel Of Retribution.

Yeah - Nessie ain't really as scary these days. In fact, I don't think it was ever scary!

My God, they even made a film about it starring Ted Danson!
Mind you, that was kind of a scary movie, but not for the right reasons!

I'm pretty much into the entire album now. I just think that Lochness takes up to much time and would have prefered it shorter, allowing another song on the album.

Hellrider & Demoniser really reminds me of the 'Painkiller' album.

nightwar said:
......'Worth Fighting For' should have been the single.

Im down with that Nightwar, and perhaps dare i say it, Revolution should of been the b-side (And therefore not on the album!)

As for 'Lochness' a beautifully crafted piece of music regardless of its subject, also, and i think this is a major strength of the song is that it captures the atmosphere of the actual place (that does exist!!!) perfectly, the almost permanent mist upon the water etc. The place really does have the appearance such as something from the land time forgot (in a way....use your imagination lol) while the perception of 'Nessie' i agree is not at all scary....the place really is a scary place to be and just like our own fears of the unknown, in some way 'Nessie' can be related to things like 'Bigfoot' 'Ufos' etc. beacuse they are representations of our primal fears and reflect also the things we do not understand. And i cant really compare all that to 'Lionheart' coz thats just about some temporary king from back in the day (LOL im kidding!! i love Lionheart as well !!!)

Anyway waffle aside, i love "Lochness" ! Beautiful, atmospheric and an excellent example of awesome musicianship!

Nightwar - Try putting Demonizer and Hellrider in the same play list as some tunes from Painkiller, it very interesting listening!!!!

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Strangely I had about 7 pints and a Lamb Madras last night and had to spend 13.29 mins on the loo giving birth to something not unlike Nessie. :D

Man! That is what is so cool about this forum! I have just laughed harder than I have for bloody ages!
Firstly, I read Valanx's perceptive insight into the works of JP's "Lockness" and his wonderfull description of the song's namesake's location, ultimately altering my own perception of the song and increasing its quality for my listening pleasure.
Then, I read DirtySanchez's comment!

Man - the two sides of Saxon fans! That is what makes us so bloody great! I love you guys!
Somehow, I think that DS's Nessie does exist and is truly terrifying! Sounds like it lasted as long as the Priest version but I bet it was more painfull to experience!

When you were suffering, DS, were you screaming 'Out Demon, Out!' - I bet you were!

Paxoman said:
I have to agree with Dirtysanchez.........oh and myself! AOR is a tad disappointing. If Ripper was singing on the album, everyone would say it is shit! But because it is Rob Halford, the album becomes great! It is not a crap album, but it average. For me, Demolition has got far more better and memorable songs. If only Rob Halford had sung on Demolition, the album would have been one of Judas Priests finest! Well, I'm sure that is what would have happened! I already think it is a great album!

Stick to linking park dude!
I know you love them :tickled:

Well, I like Demolition - the Ripper situation could have turned out much worse! What is that guy doing these, anyhow?
But Rob Halford does make Priest stuff better, no matter what - because he is 'Rob Halford'! The main reason why we loved priest in the first place.

When you were suffering, DS, were you screaming 'Out Demon, Out!' - I bet you were!

More a case of screaming "Unleash the beast" in a high-pitched voice.

sick18.gif

Hello everyone!! JUDAS PRIEST are the METAL GODS!! HALFORD can take the crowd just raising his hands. The concert was simply fucking great and one of the best in long time! Perhaps, you've already checked the set-list? Well they didn't play songs of "Defenders of the faith" album, which was a pity but there was not any othes songs that I didn't like, except "Revolution" which is the worst song of AOR! Some surprises were "Hot rockin'", "You've got another thing comin", "Ripper" & "United". Great concert all in all! And I also think AOR is a good album. I think now I have to buy "Demolution" and "Jugulator" as well... (hell, I wonder why JP didn't play any songs from those albums..haha)

Horseman said:
.... I think now I have to buy "Demolution" and "Jugulator" as well...

Trust me Horseman mate, you really DONT have to buy those 2 cd's lol :Spin:

Sounds like an awesome show for sure!! 'United' and 'Hot Rockin' OMFG how cool is that eh Nightwar mate! ... counting the days brother!!!!

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

nightwar said:
Well, I like Demolition - the Ripper situation could have turned out much worse! What is that guy doing these, anyhow?
But Rob Halford does make Priest stuff better, no matter what - because he is 'Rob Halford'! The main reason why we loved priest in the first place.

I believe Ripper is now fronting Iced Earth.

On a similar note, has anyone else heard that European Union commissioners want to prevent Rob Halford from riding on stage on his Harley? Bloody EU! You can't even enjoy a metal gig now without their constant meddling! Gah! :yell:

DirtySanchez said:
On a similar note, has anyone else heard that European Union commissioners want to prevent Rob Halford from riding on stage on his Harley? Bloody EU! You can't even enjoy a metal gig now without their constant meddling! Gah! :yell:

Thats insane!! what is the reason given by the EU for this ??? Bike to loud ?? To much smoke from the exhaust ? headlights to bright ? If thats the case i guess it will end up with bands like Priest and Saxon playing 'unpugged' and in the dark !!!

Just imagine Painkiller unplugged !!! :erk:

......as long as they dont ban the eagle! :headbang:

valanx said:
Thats insane!! what is the reason given by the EU for this ??? Bike to loud ?? To much smoke from the exhaust ? headlights to bright ? If thats the case i guess it will end up with bands like Priest and Saxon playing 'unpugged' and in the dark !!!

Just imagine Painkiller unplugged !!! :erk:

......as long as they dont ban the eagle! :headbang:

Health & Safety regs probably. Mind you Rob has crashed it into the orchestra pit before and once tried to drive on stage through the dry ice before a hydraulic ramp had raised far enough so it hit him in the face and knocked him sparko! Glenn then stood on him while he was on the floor because he couldn't see him! Hilarious. Spinal Tap isn't even close! :D

:loco: <--- Rob trying to regain his composure at that concert!! lol

Spinal Tap lol Priest have had a few drummers also, i know that bastard Holland is in prison.....So was it Les Binks who exploded then ? lol