Animals vs Humans

Well, logically, if nature isn't allowed to use small insects and animals that transport bacteria, nuclear and biological arms aren't exactly fair either. Not to mention that as a species, we are not trustworthy of each other at all, so it's not like everyone will be magically united in solving world problems (we aren't right now for fucks sakes) - in other words, how does a divided army put up a front?

All the ultra-liberal ecofreaks, hippies, and pagans might even try and fight alongside the animals against the rest of humanity. That is, until the animals bite their heads off.

Seriously, though - if hordes of wildlife started closing in on every city and town in the world, how much bickering do you really think people are going to be doing? There might be some miscommunications among nations with traditionally bad relations, but I doubt anyone would be going out of their way to sabotage other human operations. Except the hippies, of course.

Anyway, most of the developed nations that would matter militarily are already pretty buddy-buddy with each other.

Humans are "above" other animals in many ways, which is why the distinction is so often made.

Yeah, maybe; however, most base this concept of "being above" on a notion that's directly related to ancient divine commands. After all, we were given dominion over all the beasts of the lands and sea :Smug:

I'm still an animal, a complicated animal, but still a damned animal. Whether I'm "better" than another species or not is not of my concern, I have more important things to do than contemplate the superiority of my species to others.

And people always bicker, no matter what - what do you thing we're doing?

lol @ Hammer of Might

This whole situation seems to depend on how much coordination we're assuming on the part of the animal world. Insects alone could seriously fuck humanity, forget all the bigger animals. There are hundreds of thousands of insects for every single human on earth. If they made a surprise attack on every human dwelling on earth, they could easily get inside most homes and tear the living shit out of the humans inside. They have the numbers; even the ones who can't bite or sting humans could still swarm all over them, or crawl/fly into the person's throat/eyes/nose. And, of course, in many parts of the world with scary, huge-ass species of spiders, centipedes, hornets, or whatever, it would only take a few of those bad boys to fuck up a human.

The few people left, I imagine, would be the scientists and military personnel who work in very well-constructed facilities that could not easily be swarmed by insects. For most facilities, though, I imagine there is some air vent that the insects could flood into. Ultimately, there would be very few buildings with surviving humans, and those humans would not likely be able to fight the remaining insects all over the world.

So yeah, if the animal world were coordinated enough, humans wouldn't stand a fucking chance.

Sea_monster_by_Csuka.gif

pic_3.jpg

gt3_huge.jpg

kraken.jpg

Megalodon_Foto.jpg

dn8298-1_350.jpg

megalodon.jpg

If ALL animals decided to attack ALL humans, we would be fucked.

I agree. Think about the shit that would be attacking. Hippos, every lethal insect and reptile, etc.

Hippos are quite vicious. They'll tear you to shreds.

This whole situation seems to depend on how much coordination we're assuming on the part of the animal world. Insects alone could seriously fuck humanity, forget all the bigger animals. There are hundreds of thousands of insects for every single human on earth. If they made a surprise attack on every human dwelling on earth, they could easily get inside most homes and tear the living shit out of the humans inside. They have the numbers; even the ones who can't bite or sting humans could still swarm all over them, or crawl/fly into the person's throat/eyes/nose. And, of course, in many parts of the world with scary, huge-ass species of spiders, centipedes, hornets, or whatever, it would only take a few of those bad boys to fuck up a human.

The few people left, I imagine, would be the scientists and military personnel who work in very well-constructed facilities that could not easily be swarmed by insects. For most facilities, though, I imagine there is some air vent that the insects could flood into. Ultimately, there would be very few buildings with surviving humans, and those humans would not likely be able to fight the remaining insects all over the world.

So yeah, if the animal world were coordinated enough, humans wouldn't stand a fucking chance.

Take this, and just add EVERY OTHER FUCKING ANIMAL IN THE WORLD on to it. See?

We would be fucked.

I still don't even see your point, as you haven't done anything but say "you're stupid" and counter with faulted military strategies such as "shooting the shit out of everything to balance out the numbers ratio" with insects.

but whatev' :rolleyes:

If anything, you're under-estimating everything else's power, which isn't necessarily my problem in any instance right now. Sure, shoot a rocket at a hippo, that won't work unless it is a bit of a distance away though. Even if you shot it at point blank range with a gun, the hippo would still have the capability to end you within it's final breaths.

Also people are vastly overestimating the power of insects, most likely due to shitty horror movies they've seen.

Well, they could at the very least fuck up our crops. Also, keep in mind that if we have insects flocking all around us at all times, we might not be in immediate bodily peril, but we wouldn't be able to rest or sleep at all, because as soon as we did they could smother or infest us right away. There would be no way to escape them.

So yeah, I think insects would do a perfectly fine job on their own.

No way to escape them? Build an impenetrable shelter, don gas masks, and gas any insects that entered the shelter while you were building it. Then press some buttons on a control panel, unleashing chemical weapons and missiles.

That will be feasible for approximately .0001% of the population, and will also take time. If we're talking about a sudden, coordinated surprise attack by the insect world, I think that's a pointless option to be considering.

Nah dude, I didn't say you called me stupid; and I do know it's a hypothetical situation :p. I just apply realistic attributes to hypotheticals because it actually makes discussions (only in a non digital world apparently) more interesting.

Holy crap, I wanna do that - that's awesome.

Except I probably wouldn't dress like a clown.

that shark picture was of a megalodon, not a real shark.

Megs are fascinating creatures but they have been extinct for a long time now. They were prehistoric sharks that were 40-100 feet. Imagine a shark the size of a bus!