Animals

toolsofthetrade said:
yeah, this forum really gets me going for that
babandf2.jpg

The bird has tried to fly!!! Though it didn't manage :( But at least it got out of its nest-box.

My sister went "I don't know if it wanted to fly or jump, or just simply fell, but considering its flying abilities, it amounts to much the same thing." :erk: :tickled:

Actually, it's a cool bird, when I was at home we took it out with my nephew so that it could look around in nature and wouldn't completely forget about the green, and my nephew said there was a young cat that looked like Garfield but nicer, and it was a nice cat indeed, when I showed the bird to the cat, it didn't know what it was, so it started to lift its paw, but then it eventually wanted to swallow it, I could hardly save the bird from the playful cat. The bird didn't say a word but I got fucking scared.

It wasn't an attack, it was a young cat and it did it out of curiosity. It's funny in retrospect :) I mean the confusion on the cat's face about the bird's identity (and then on mine, haha).

I could just spend my lifetime observing animals.

Bambi said:
but someone else would eat them then so thats a bit hypocritical really
It's not, imho. I don't mind other people eating meat. At least the animals would have lived a better life than on most other farms where they're kept together in thousands and are stuffed with antibiotics and hormones every day. But hey, I'm not a farmer, I doubt I ever will be, and so this question is hypothetical. ;)

snow2fall said:
I love watching animals too. As a child, I always dreamt of living on a farm one day to be surrounded by these lovely, entertaining creatures all day. :)
The thing is, they shit everywhere, make weird noises in the morning and absolutely stink when they're dead for a day or so :ill: