Anime

bodomite

Your Executioner
Nov 23, 2001
yo mamas ass
Who here like it hates it? Why

I love it because of the great animation and involving plots.... I dont go for the kiddie anime that sucks like (pokemon, Sailormoon) I enjoy more along the lines of Akira, Robotech, Vampire Hunter D - Animation that is more serious and has many elements of todays great movies plot wise and char development.

Hell yeah! Anime is awesome. Japanese animation is really cool, it looks great. You're right, a lot of the kiddy anime does suck ( except for DragonBall Z :D ). Manga's like Ninja Scroll are just classic films. I also like anime fan art for stuff like Final Fantasy etc.

Anime is cool :)
bodomite, what do you know about Vampire Hunter D ? I dowloaded a film and it was really great. Then I found the same filename in bigger size, but it was a different film, the characters weren't the same except for D and the design was a lot different, too. I was looking for a DVD or Video, but I didn't find it anywhere...
Is there an Anime-Store on the net somewhere?

Nothing makes me laugh as much as seeing an awesome Manga slaughter. Anime can do what no special effects could ever achieve in the realm of violence and gore. Manga chicks are unparalleled too.
Also, as there are no actors to fuck it up, the character can become a truly unique being. Of course, there are many terrible storylines out there too.
In conclusion I'd like to say that Goku will live forever in my heart.

I used to be a really anime and manga fanatic when I was 15 or 17 years old. I was reaaaaaaally really obssesed with this thing, but you know.... everybody grows....

Now I prefer play my guitar with my friends in my group, or hear good music.

But well, anime and manga will be a special thing to me forever, it was something I had inside of my heart. ;)

unfortunately I don't have a lot of knowledge about anime, but what I see I like. Metal 2000 was pretty good, but most of the time the only anime I see is a friends' obsession with Dragon Ball Z, haha. But about the technical side of anime (the drawing mechanics etc) I think as a whole it's very good.

At the age of 12 I totally loved the "Sabre Riders" :D
The Intro-Song was cool and the characters kicked ass :)
Fireball the Racer, Sabre with his asskicking mechanic horse and eeh forgot his name with his Jet-Fighter.
JauJau! Kickass kiddy-series :D

Originally posted by Northern Viking
Another german to have seen them!

Yes, of course!!! It was one of my favourite TV series. I can remember all the names: This hot chick was April, their space ship which could transform into a robot was Ramrod, their enemies were the Outriders...

We are one in glory! :D

That sounds like Manowar. :)

Ramrod Fight-Transformation-Sequence beginning NOW! :D

Hehe, in fact it's taken out of Quake ]|[
Xaero says that when you defeat him.
"Only the chosen can reveal the chosen. We are one in glory" :D
Great game. I'm gonna amoc soon, too :rolleyes:
But let's discuss that in the german thread, if you want to :p

Originally posted by Northern Viking
But let's discuss that in the german thread, if you want to :p

Actually I wanna go to bed now. So the only thing I can say is: Good night people!

i like them a lot. cowboy bebop, love hina, and classics like evangelion and dbz.

when I clicked on this thread i thought everybody would criticize them. LoL.

The vast majority of anime is nothing but shit.

But now and then, shiny diamonds like Evangelion rise up from that heap - and that's why I'm constantly searching for new anime-titles to see if they are worth anything.

-Villain

Well, I have only recently started to "research" this anime thing a bit deeper. Now I have bought Akira and Ninja Scroll on DVD. Though Ninja Scroll hasn't arrived yet.. If anyone knows a bit better, I'd like to know if the following are any good (purchase-wise):

- Blood The Last Vampire
- Ghost In The Shell
- Street Fighter
- Street Fighter 2
- Street Fighter Alpha
- Heavy Metal 2000

I saw the original Heavy Metal from finnish tv last year and it was ok, though not so much to my taste. I also saw Fist of the North Star at my friends' but I was a bit tired after drinking two nights in a row without sleeping, so I kept on falling asleep. This made the result that I didn't really get into the movie.

But, all in all, I like anime and manga.

Blood the last Vampire...
I downloaded that and it was about 45min long. It was funny and entertaining, but I didn't watch it for a second time if I remember correctly... So, averrage anime for this one
For the rest, I don't know...