another church burning

faith in God its not a step in darkness, its a step in light which 90% of population is in one way or another, seekin that goal.

it pisses me off becuse i had like a level 60 charizzard
:lol:

Achrisk said:
Are you saying that metal is a phase that will be grown out of and pass once a person is no longer angry and adolescent?

To answer that question. In a sense yes. How old are you? How old do you think I am? I'm 23. How old do you think most of the guys who post on this forum are? Go to a show, how old is every one? Is it not mostly men in the 14-25 age range? I'm actually using empyrical evidence. Am I saying that I will never want to listen to master of puppets every now and then, not at all. I'm simply saying that heavy metal, as a life style and religious source if you will isn't lasting. You may not believe me now, b/c once upon a time I thought that metal was my music, my grail so to speak, and that it would always stay and never leave me. It's now began to fall away from it b/c it is a harsh mistress and doesn't really make me happy, rather it just simply brushes things under a rug, emotionally speaking. I do realize that this is a generalization and there are chicks that like metal (I don't get it really) and there are plenty of old guys who are really into it but. I ask you this, and most of the readers on the forum, seek the root of your love for heavy music. Was there not something that made you turn to it?

It's rather funny. I always remember how some of the guys at the guitar shop I used to frequent always told me, "someday when you grow out of metal, you'll turn to blues." I don't know if I'll ever make that full of a transformation, but I do like jon lee hooker and the allman bro. so who knows right?

It is true you can't trully and fully know that there is a God or not. But the same could be said of this message. How do you know that this message is just a reply that was fabricated by your subconscience or by a machine. You don't know. In fact, you can't trully know anything. My point is that it is futile and juvenille to criticise Faith. You may never believe in God, but never think that you don't take things on faith, b/c you do.

And honestly Achrisk, I'm sure there have been times when you lied in your bed before sleep in the still ness of hte night, have you not pondered what I've told you? Have you never questioned your life and the choices you've made? I know I have. Just remember to ask, are you trully happy? I don't think I even am, so there is some honesty for you.

:lol:

To answer that question. In a sense yes. How old are you? How old do you think I am? I'm 23. How old do you think most of the guys who post on this forum are? Go to a show, how old is every one? Is it not mostly men in the 14-25 age range? I'm actually using empyrical evidence. Am I saying that I will never want to listen to master of puppets every now and then, not at all. I'm simply saying that heavy metal, as a life style and religious source if you will isn't lasting. You may not believe me now, b/c once upon a time I thought that metal was my music, my grail so to speak, and that it would always stay and never leave me. It's now began to fall away from it b/c it is a harsh mistress and doesn't really make me happy, rather it just simply brushes things under a rug, emotionally speaking. I do realize that this is a generalization and there are chicks that like metal (I don't get it really) and there are plenty of old guys who are really into it but. I ask you this, and most of the readers on the forum, seek the root of your love for heavy music. Was there not something that made you turn to it?

It's rather funny. I always remember how some of the guys at the guitar shop I used to frequent always told me, "someday when you grow out of metal, you'll turn to blues." I don't know if I'll ever make that full of a transformation, but I do like jon lee hooker and the allman bro. so who knows right?

It is true you can't trully and fully know that there is a God or not. But the same could be said of this message. How do you know that this message is just a reply that was fabricated by your subconscience or by a machine. You don't know. In fact, you can't trully know anything. My point is that it is futile and juvenille to criticise Faith. You may never believe in God, but never think that you don't take things on faith, b/c you do.

And honestly Achrisk, I'm sure there have been times when you lied in your bed before sleep in the still ness of hte night, have you not pondered what I've told you? Have you never questioned your life and the choices you've made? I know I have. Just remember to ask, are you trully happy? I don't think I even am, so there is some honesty for you.

Will I grow out of metal? Yes I'm sure I will. How old am I? 28. In fact I went through an anti-metal phase for about 5 years where I thought I was too mature for this "childish" crap. In fact when ever I heard metal I would go "oh I can't believe I listened to that immature rubbish"... but after a while I realized that immature or not I did in fact like it. So I started listening to it again and I don't give a shit if it is childish or if it makes me immature to listen to it. I like it NOW and that's all that matters to me NOW. In twenty I'm sure I'll look back on this and just laugh. Doesn't matter at this point in my life. Why deny myself something that is important to me now because at some point in my life I may outgrow it? And honestly as much as I like metal it isn't a lifestyle to me. In fact most people are shocked to find out I'm into this kind of stuff... they usually only find out when I decide to put on a metal shirt which isn't even that often.

who cares whether it is "immature" or not, if you fucking enjoy it, then listen to it.

and there are a good amount of older metalheads here. Hell go to a maiden/sabbath/priest concert and you'll see what a huge % of fans are 30+ years old.

who cares whether it is "immature" or not, if you fucking enjoy it, then listen to it.

and there are a good amount of older metalheads here. Hell go to a maiden/sabbath/priest concert and you'll see what a huge % of fans are 30+ years old.

Precisely. I've found that the most mature thing is just to be open with what you actually like and forget what other people think and don't concern yourself with whether what you like is childish or not. If you enjoy it and it is important and moving to you go for it. Who cares if you outgrow it in ten years or not?

Will I ever grow to old for metal? no.

cr-lemmy.jpg

Did he? no.

SUFFOCATION_Featured_Pic1.jpg

How about them? No.

iron_maiden.jpg

Surely these guys have grown out of it all...NOT.

26220_photo.jpg

Did this bastard ever outgrow rebellion? Aw hell no! (Thats technically punk btw)

If you "outgrow" metal, you weren't a fucking metalhead to begin with.