another church burning

To answer that question. In a sense yes. How old are you? How old do you think I am? I'm 23. How old do you think most of the guys who post on this forum are? Go to a show, how old is every one? Is it not mostly men in the 14-25 age range? I'm actually using empyrical evidence. Am I saying that I will never want to listen to master of puppets every now and then, not at all. I'm simply saying that heavy metal, as a life style and religious source if you will isn't lasting. You may not believe me now, b/c once upon a time I thought that metal was my music, my grail so to speak, and that it would always stay and never leave me. It's now began to fall away from it b/c it is a harsh mistress and doesn't really make me happy, rather it just simply brushes things under a rug, emotionally speaking. I do realize that this is a generalization and there are chicks that like metal (I don't get it really) and there are plenty of old guys who are really into it but. I ask you this, and most of the readers on the forum, seek the root of your love for heavy music. Was there not something that made you turn to it?

And honestly Achrisk, I'm sure there have been times when you lied in your bed before sleep in the still ness of hte night, have you not pondered what I've told you? Have you never questioned your life and the choices you've made? I know I have. Just remember to ask, are you trully happy? I don't think I even am, so there is some honesty for you.

I am 40 and have been into metal since about 1981/82. Yeah, there are different ways to get into it, but that becomes irrelevant if you become a true fan of the music. I got into it because it was awesome. The music blew me away, and I loved it. Yeah, I will admit that part of my rebellion when I was younger was fueled by a "metal lifestye", but that is to be expected. I would have rebelled anyway, and metal just happened to be what I identified with. It's true that a lot of people end up changing their mind about metal, but as Rabid Headbanger said,

If you "outgrow" metal, you weren't a fucking metalhead to begin with.

And regarding my happiness, I am reletively happy. I am not giddy, but I am content. Have you read through the pages of this thread? Have you any idea what I believe?

al5j.K8yZ

how nice o u... watch comedy cenral if you wanna laugh with somethin man beyond yourself and the others. RESPECT.

NealMorseSola...

O God and Lord of the Powers, and Maker of all creation, Who, because of Thy clemency and incomparable mercy, didst send Thine Only-Begotten Son and our Lord Jesus Christ for the salvation of mankind, and with His venerable Cross didst tear asunder the record of our sins, and thereby didst conquer the rulers and powers of darkness; receive from us sinful people, O merciful Master, these prayers of gratitude and supplication, and deliver us from every destructive and gloomy transgression, and from all visible and invisible enemies who seek to injure us. Nail down our flesh with fear of Thee, and let not our hearts be inclined to words or thoughts of evil, but pierce our souls with Thy love, that ever contemplating Thee, being enlightened by Thee, and discerning Thee, the unapproachable and everlasting Light, we may unceasingly render confession and gratitude to Thee: The eternal Father, with Thine Only-Begotten Son, and with Thine All-Holy, Gracious, and Life-Giving Spirit, now and ever, and unto ages of ages. Amen.

Vatopedi_Monastery__Mount_Athos__Greece.jpg

Look around
Where do you belong
Don't be afraid
You're not the only one

Don't let the day go by
Don't let it end
Don't let a day go by in doubt
The answer lies within

Life is short
So learn from your mistakes
And stand behind
The choices that you make

Face each day
With both eyes open wide
And try to give
Don't keep it all inside

Don't let the day go by
Don't let it end
The answer lies within

You've got the future on your side
You're gonna be fine now
I know whatever you decide
You're gonna shine

Don't let the day go by
Don't let it end
You're ready to begin
The answer lies within

Dream theater fuckin rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NealMorseSola...

O God and Lord of the Powers, and Maker of all creation, Who, because of Thy clemency and incomparable mercy, didst send Thine Only-Begotten Son and our Lord Jesus Christ for the salvation of mankind, and with His venerable Cross didst tear asunder the record of our sins, and thereby didst conquer the rulers and powers of darkness; receive from us sinful people, O merciful Master, these prayers of gratitude and supplication, and deliver us from every destructive and gloomy transgression, and from all visible and invisible enemies who seek to injure us. Nail down our flesh with fear of Thee, and let not our hearts be inclined to words or thoughts of evil, but pierce our souls with Thy love, that ever contemplating Thee, being enlightened by Thee, and discerning Thee, the unapproachable and everlasting Light, we may unceasingly render confession and gratitude to Thee: The eternal Father, with Thine Only-Begotten Son, and with Thine All-Holy, Gracious, and Life-Giving Spirit, now and ever, and unto ages of ages. Amen.

Vatopedi_Monastery__Mount_Athos__Greece.jpg

Orthodox are we? So was I.

you have no idea how much fun i have, probably more fun than you'll ever have in your whole life...and when i mean fun u know?proably not. comprende?