another guitar thread

Good luck with bending and vibrato.

You'd be surprised, it's pretty easy to get used to it. Sounds less 'cat-screechy' (until you want it to sound like that) and I feel like there's more control because it's not flopping around like a rubber band or stretching out of tune... SRV had no trouble bending 17s in Eb, most people that have played my guitars have had very little trouble with a 14 in C# after they got a little more used to it...

Jeff

Yeah, I used to play 12 to 60 in standard, great for jazz.

anyway heres acouple pics from A LONG time ago, maybe when I was like... 16-17

p6300007fe4.jpg

p6300001jw8.jpg

p6300009gw4.jpg

p6300012ca0.jpg

man... I miss that green shirt

EDIT: That hagstrom looks pretty sweet. And Jenn with guitars looks pretty sweet

would that be the epiphone prophecy model?

niiiice!

Yup, it is. The deal seems to be unreal if you have a look at the specs and then at the price. I was intrigued, to say the least.

I'm pretty much very picky about guitars, but good god, it's awesome!

Too high output for my tastes, I like pickups with a more passive mix. Not to say EMG's are bad, I just think there are plenty of better pickups out there. It's more of a preference thing- 'Superior' may prefer the style. If I had to suggest any pick-ups I would say Bare-Knuckles. Essentially every model of their's I've heard has been awesome, especially the Cold Sweat and Nailbombs.

Hey, Chris Boderick called and he wants his opinions back.

Hahahaha, what's so special about Bare-Knuckles, En Vind Av Sorg?

They're just over-hyped pieces of metal and some wiring.
What? You think other pickups AREN'T made by hand, L:eek:L.

I know you've said you've heard them, but have you actually played them, or are they just paying you for the free publicity? Would you publicly suck Tim Mills' dick if he said that he would give you free pickups?

I agree about the EMG's. I want a wall of sound tone not agressive riff based stuff, and better cleans. So I prefer Seymour Duncans or Di Marzios.

I'd take active EMG's over stock any day though.

I agree about the EMG's. I want a wall of sound tone not agressive riff based stuff, and better cleans. So I prefer Seymour Duncans or Di Marzios.

I'd take active EMG's over stock any day though.

I'm generally more into passives too, but I wanted to add that big balls mahagony-EMG combination back to my arsenal. Normally I prefer Duncans or Bill Lawrence pups.

Edit: And btw, EMG's actually don't really have that much output. There are tons of passives out there that are hotter. I don't like the lack of character in EMG's, but the clarity is just pretty cool.

When I'm out of school and have a new job I shall have a custom Les Paul built, by Carvin or Godin. It shall be silverburst with the same binding as the Hellraiser. It shall have a seymour duncan Jazz in the neck and either a JB or Dimarzio Evolution in the bridge. I think. It shall have an ebony fretboard with inlays the same color as the binding. It shall be solid mahogany. The neck will be slimmer than a standard Les Paul. The neck shall be longer than the standard 24. something scale. Not to make it a Baritone, just as long as the Ibanez RG necks. With the extra frets as well so it doesn't feel weird. The cutaway shall also be altered somehow. It shall have jumbo frets the same color as the binding.

When I'm out of school and have a new job I shall have a custom Les Paul built, by Carvin or Godin. It shall be silverburst with the same binding as the Hellraiser. It shall have a seymour duncan Jazz in the neck and either a JB or Dimarzio Evolution in the bridge. I think. It shall have an ebony fretboard with inlays the same color as the binding. It shall be solid mahogany. The neck will be slimmer than a standard Les Paul. The neck shall be longer than the standard 24. something scale. Not to make it a Baritone, just as long as the Ibanez RG necks. With the extra frets as well so it doesn't feel weird. The cutaway shall also be altered somehow. It shall have jumbo frets the same color as the binding.

:kickass:

But trust me, you really want a maple cap on top of the mahagony body 'cause it adds definition to the tone.

That Epi has an ebony fretboard, that is so friggin nice to play on and resonates like a dream.

I also like that it's a 60s slimtapper neck. I can't stand the baseball bat you'll find on a "regular" LP Custom.

The Duncan JB is great (on most guitars), I have on in my Jackson Dinky. But you should really look in to the Custom Custom (Sh-5 I believe). That's a PAF on steroids and it will make you om nom nom nom...

Hehe I already have a Les Paul with most of those specs. Agile ftw.

After having an ebony fretboard I can never go back. Playing my Schecter feels cheap now.