Another Mask - Simple Dreams (my band, video and raw files inside)

@sinquestsound
Guitars sound great! What profiles did you use? It's weird to hear this kind of drums in our music. The snare is huge and verby and everything, but they lack punch IMO.
Backing vocals are WAY too loud compared to main vocals.

1. CRUNCH - My free Darkglass B7K profiles on Stiletto cab (why not?) Rhythm also my free profile of Razor Black Hawk 18 Amp (only one amp exist) - Bass - also free B7K profiles:
All pofiles you can download from my site: http://www.sinmix.pl/free-stuff/
2. Drums - SSD + MM - + custom snare sample (and yes not punchy enough).
3. Vocals mixed very fast - sorry! :D

Stay Metal!

Thanks for taking the time to review those mixes. Either positive or negative feedback is appreciated. As for my mix, you pointed my exact thoughts. I'm gonna check it again when i find some free time.

Paul, thank you very much for sharing your thoughts for each separate mix, it's something that everyone probably highly appreciates :)
The remark regarding the audibility of the bass guitar is definitely true, I'm actually having troubles during the mastering process, but I'll look into it some more...
Thanks for the compliments about drums, I'm actually a drummer so it comes natural to me to get the drums sounding as best as they can :) But even if I wasn't, I always agreed with the Jason Suecof's stance regarding the drums in the mix: "I start with drums because they are the foundation of the album. If your drums don't sound good, the rest of the mix is going to be weak."

Thank your for sharing, wish you and your teammates luck in future endeavours.

I always agreed with the Jason Suecof's stance regarding the drums in the mix: "I start with drums because they are the foundation of the album. If your drums don't sound good, the rest of the mix is going to be weak."

I agree with that. You can get away with mediocre guitars or bass if you have good sounding drums, but not the other way around. Drums and vocals are to me 80% of the mix.

anotherpaul, Very thanks for feedback.
Another one, completely redone mix

Last edited by a moderator:
mefourtwelve
Much better now! There is some nasty harshness in the high-mids though. Mostly cymbals.

Vihreff
You can safely turn up all the guitars, especially leads and cleans. It all sounds nice, but the drums completely dominate the mix now.

Thank you for this, it sounds like a really professional piece of work and it gives us the opportunity to have a go at work like this. it's especially fun for us hobbyists out there, thanks man.