Another oldschool appreciation thread....

Bryant

Mr. Sleepy
Apr 14, 2002
Sweet home Alabama
Visit site
I will tell you what guys (and gals of course) this place got a little slow as I guess most, unlike me have real social lives so I dropped in at the general music chat. There were maybe three threads I felt were mature enough to post to. Man it makes me respect this place so much. The fact that you tolerate me is a big plus as well. >:p~

Bryant

I know what ya mean I went creeping around in there got into a Fight and aparently won since the lil terd didnt respond hahahaha But that was my main reason for going over there I knew those 13 year olds would not have to much to say

i pop by there every so often and only find one or two threads to respond to. most of the people there there acts like a fucking child. It's like Never,Neverland there. They never grow up there. And here, we can discuss metal,and we don't have to insult people while doing it. Something they can't do.

Bryant said:
I will tell you what guys (and gals of course) this place got a little slow as I guess most, unlike me have real social lives so I dropped in at the general music chat. There were maybe three threads I felt were mature enough to post to. Man it makes me respect this place so much. The fact that you tolerate me is a big plus as well. >:p~

Bryant

Yeah , been on lots of forums and most of them end up being plain boring. Here's some same-minded people that can get into a decent conversation, probably also 'couse we're little older than the avarage forum-posters, yeah. But hey , the young guys and gals here prove the opposite, they can put up some very decent posts !!! I hope to hang around here a long, long time...Hey Bryant, you DO have a social live...it 's here !!! ;)

I do NOT bother looking at the General Forum, I Check Iced Earth, Saint, Your Reviews & I spend most of my time @ home. Old School Forum.
With the exception of the occasional knuckle head, this is a place where "I" feel most at home.
Thanks for setting me straight when I get a bit off track, you know who you are.
And for the Rookies, stick around, I can honestly say that, these people on Old School, are bar none some of the best people I have ever dealt with!
SIXXSWINE-\m/

Hawk said:
Maybe it is that way here because we are all old farts :lol:
Speak for yourself old my farts come with a brand new warranty :devil:

And I didn't believe the place has been slow, maybe people needed more stuff to talk about.
Now that I'm finally home with all my CDs in order and all my tapes accounted for and recording those I didn't like in the begining, thinks are getting back to NORMAL! :lol:

I've been on lots of boards, and this place is right at the top as far as being a fun and informative environment! The people here are awesome! :worship:

Cheers!
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Agree with Clammy, this places sucks..err rocks :p

carnut said:
But hey , the young guys and gals here prove the opposite, they can put up some very decent posts !!!

Carnut you are so right! That's been one of the best things about this board, seeing that some young people are digging into the past and keeping it alive.

To be honest, I'd forgotten that there were other forums here. I never go into any of the other ones.

there are some young guns here too man, I think maybe it is the oldschoolness.

In other forums I got into fights without wanting to!

I was like, hey man, no prob., no big deal, and he was trying to put some smartass remarks, luckily, they had some pretty good comebacks written all over them.

Hawk said:
Maybe it is that way here because we are all old farts :lol:
I'm not ;)

But yeah, I've been posting around a few forums on UM for a while, COB board, General music, In Flames, a bit of Iron Maiden and so on... On the general music I usually just end up getting into an arguement/debate about a band, same with the In Flames forum.

Bryant said:
I will tell you what guys (and gals of course) this place got a little slow as I guess most, unlike me have real social lives

hahahahaha I have NO social life hahahaha This and work and the ocasional Pot deal are about it Oh and a concert every 3 to 9 months :headbang:

I regularly also check the General Music Discussion, Non-Metal and Seriously Off-Topic forums and occasionally I do find some threads in which I post a reply, but it seems that especially in the General Music Discussion and Seriously Off-Topic forums there are some people who have nothing better to do than bashing others for having a "wrong" opinion or listening to the "wrong" bands or anything else they dislike. These people must be pretty bored!

One of the worst things I remember was a thread in the Seriously Off-Topic forum where a new member (a girl) had just introduced herself. She had put a picture of herself in her avatar and nearly immediately some guys started picking on her, telling her that she looked really ugly - and that was rather harmless compared to the comments/insults which followed afterwards. It seemed some of the guys weren´t satisfied until they had reached mental Ground Zero (if you get the somewhat drastic picture) - well, it didn´t take them long!

I think the difference is that people around here usually don´t act or react disrespectful towards others, even when they disagree. And instead of telling other people that they are idiots/retards because they listen to (insert band name here), they´d rather explain in detail why they like a certain band or album so much. I mean, I couldn´t imagine people like e.g. Bryant or Hawk commenting on other people´s musical tastes with "constructive" and "eloquent" (Attention! Sarcasm ahead!) remarks like "You don´t get worse than that.", "This band/album is total crap!" or "Your taste in music sucks."
It´s much more about pointing out the positive aspects of the bands/albums you like instead of primitive bashing of bands or of people who listen to bands you dislike. At least this is my impression. (Now you may prove me wrong and reveal all your fake accounts which you use to indulge in some serious primitive bashing business!)