Metalgirls?!?

Originally posted by Lady Of The Snow

Conclusion: still Metal chicks out there, right? any age :) DOH!

You're living proof! Many of the shows I go to are about 99%/1% men-to-women ratio, which stinks! So when are you coming to the USA so we can go to metal shows Snow Lady? ;)

Originally posted by Dreamdead
You two are online. Why don't you just establish a chat? I keep getting mail that there's a new post to this thread, and they're all one-liners from you guys. :loco:

NP: Dimmu Borgir - Kings of the Carnival Creation

I know, isn't that annoying?!

You could always click the "unsubscribe from thread" link, yes?

Originally posted by markgugs

You're living proof! Many of the shows I go to are about 99%/1% men-to-women ratio, which stinks! So when are you coming to the USA so we can go to metal shows Snow Lady? ;)

I am living (and still breathing) proof :))

I wished I could afford trips to the USA again, I've been there so many times, guys, and I loved it there. *sniff and sob* Not even my fave club doesn't exist anymore (Magruder's in Atlanta, GA).

You guys have so many clubs over there and stuff.

Anyone willing to sponsor a ticket and I'll fly over right away.

Originally posted by Lady Of The Snow
Anyone willing to sponsor a ticket and I'll fly over right away.

Now I have to pay for a plane ticket AND the hotel room? :eek:

Do you have children of your own? Because you could sell one on the black market and have plenty of money!

Now I have to pay for a plane ticket AND the hotel room? :eek:

Do you have children of your own? Because you could sell one on the black market and have plenty of money!

LOOOOL

Yes, ticket and room! I'm expensive hehe...
And no, I don't have any kids, but two sweet little kitties, and I'm not gonna sell them for anything! :)

What are you doing for a living? Selling babies? LOL

Droolboy, I like(d) this thread. People used to actually plug bands that girls were in and talk about interesting stuff..... I don't want to unsubscribe from it just because 2 people feel it's better to use a messageboard to flirt than Email or a messenger program.

Droolboy, I like(d) this thread. People used to actually plug bands that girls were in and talk about interesting stuff..... I don't want to unsubscribe from it just because 2 people feel it's better to use a messageboard to flirt than Email or a messenger program.

Sorry Forum Nazi, didn't mean to get in your way here. I thought this was a public forum. It's not like I'm setting your house on fire. Relax.

And for the record, I don't know how the thread started, nor do I care, but it QUICKLY became a thread about women who are INTO metal, not necessarily in bands. There's a musician forum for that.

Here, ok? Boy, that Kittie really blows ass, huh?

Hello Dreamdead.
Sorry :)

So start a topic :) I have posted so much already today.

lol Lady, no prob. I wasn't trying to be rude, I was just going nuts & thought I'd share my nuttiness. Anyway, I did like seeing girls post about their Metal interest, but moreso liked seeing girls post about their bands (or people post about bands with females in them) because it's good exposure for them and us.

And Mark:
"Sorry Forum Nazi, didn't mean to get in your way here. I thought this was a public forum..."

NOFORUM4U! You come back one year time! :p

"I don't know how the thread started, nor do I care"

Did you read the topic? "It makes me wonder, why it is, that there´s barely any girls out there being into metal respectively "living" it on the outside too.. "

Here, ok? Boy, that Kittie really blows ass, huh?

Yes, Kittie does blow ass (and they're not Metal)! OK better topic: are either of you into any good Metal bands with female musicians?

That's it for Celebrity Jeopardy. I'm going to go stick a gun in my mouth!

...OK better topic: are either of you into any good Metal bands with female musicians?...

That's it for Celebrity Jeopardy. I'm going to go stick a gun in my mouth!

Well don't do THAT. It'd be a bit extreme don't you think? At least not until Artisan is as well-known as Mayhem...

Anyway, yes I believe I do!
Arch Enemy
Nightwish
Bolt Thrower
Dark Moor
Labyrinth - oh whoops, he just *sings* like a girl :)
Cruachan

I'm sure there's more, that's just who's off the top of my head.

Can I go back to flirting now? Please?

I think there are a lot more "metalgirls" out there now then there ever has been. The 80s were filled with girls who wanted to be by boys who wanted to be rock stars, so they took the look and mode of dress of a metalchick. When the 80's metal scene faded into the 90's grunge, a lot of these so-called metalchicks tossed away their AquaNet cans and quickly dismissed metal as a phase. If I had a dollar for every time someone told me "I used to listen to metal, but I grew out of it", I'd be rich. Nowadayze, I'm meeting so many women who are in it for the music, not the boys. They are quiet, intelligent, and passionate about metal, dressed normally, employed, NOT supporting drunk/stoned wannaberockstarboyfriends. But just because they don't look like the stereotypical metal chick straight out of a Ratt video doesn't make 'em any less metal. And there are more women out there making music in all aspects: vocals, guitar, bass, drums, keys. Metal women are no longer armpieces, they're makers and do-ers and equally as passionate about the music as their male counterparts!

Originally posted by bassbitch
I think there are a lot more "metalgirls" out there now then there ever has been. The 80s were filled with girls who wanted to be by boys who wanted to be rock stars, so they took the look and mode of dress of a metalchick. When the 80's metal scene faded into the 90's grunge, a lot of these so-called metalchicks tossed away their AquaNet cans and quickly dismissed metal as a phase. If I had a dollar for every time someone told me "I used to listen to metal, but I grew out of it", I'd be rich. Nowadayze, I'm meeting so many women who are in it for the music, not the boys. They are quiet, intelligent, and passionate about metal, dressed normally, employed, NOT supporting drunk/stoned wannaberockstarboyfriends. But just because they don't look like the stereotypical metal chick straight out of a Ratt video doesn't make 'em any less metal. And there are more women out there making music in all aspects: vocals, guitar, bass, drums, keys. Metal women are no longer armpieces, they're makers and do-ers and equally as passionate about the music as their male counterparts!

Yes, this is true, and since I grew up during the '80s scene, I can confirm it...

But there's still not too many women at many of the real shows that come around. For example, I certainly don't expect to see many at the Arch Enemy/Nile and Slayer/In Flames shows I'll be in the next 2 weeks. We'll see though...

LOL @ Dream Theater & Labyrinth. Yes Mark, I'll wait til Artisan is as big as Mayhem, then I'll... hm, nah. I'd rather puke on stage like that dude from Exhumed! :puke: hehe! OK you've done your good deed by talking about bands, now you may flirt again. Muhahahghah!

But there's still not too many women at many of the real shows that come around. For example, I certainly don't expect to see many at the Arch Enemy/Nile and Slayer/In Flames shows I'll be in the next 2 weeks. We'll see though...

There are a good amount of girls at shows out here in LA. At Arch Enemy, there were lots of girls & young guys. :p We had lots of girls emailing us for "Nile tix", too! I guess Nile draws chicks. Also, some people were saying there were LOTS of girls around the bassplayer while Nile was on.

In Flames! Seein' em Sunday (they're headlining an independant show! Woohoo)

I love Metal!!
and im a girl, but almost all girls in Metal (not all) are posers, that's the true, for example a day I asked to a girl in my school
(she always was with nightwish and cradlen tt-shirts) and she says that nightwish was thash and cradle agro :|, that was really impresioning!!!
i though she was kidding!!!!