Metalgirls?!?

I just wanted to say that I think it is very outstanding that you have maintained the Metal Knowing this long.. as before mentioned I am 30 and sometimes I feel like I am the only one out there over 20 who is into what we are.. age is a mere number and attitude is all perspective so I dont want to make a huge deal out of it- just want to tell ya that you arent alone out there..

I bet you have been to Wacken eh? I would kill to get there.. but who knows if I ever will.. afraid to fly- anyone know if you could take a boat to Wacken? Heh..

Stay True Lady....
Metal is the source

Amy~

Originally posted by MetalMaiden1777
I just wanted to say that I think it is very outstanding that you have maintained the Metal Knowing this long.. as before mentioned I am 30 and sometimes I feel like I am the only one out there over 20 who is into what we are.. age is a mere number and attitude is all perspective so I dont want to make a huge deal out of it- just want to tell ya that you arent alone out there..

I bet you have been to Wacken eh? I would kill to get there.. but who knows if I ever will.. afraid to fly- anyone know if you could take a boat to Wacken? Heh..

Stay True Lady....
Metal is the source

Amy~

Hi Amy!!

First of all, thanks for your words! I say: METAL KNOWS NO AGE! Male or female. Period.

Well, actually I thought, I was alone - at THIS age - being female, that is, hehe, but anyway, I don't feel that old..blah blah on autopilot LOL

No, sorry, I wasn't at Wacken. A German, who doesn't go to Wacken... I hate festivals. I've been to so many in my life, but not in the crowd - I hate large crowds, actually. Besides that, I didn't have the money to afford it. Well, I missed Evergrey though - dang!

I'll stay true, be sure of that. Thanks again.

Have a nICE day! :)

Yeah crowds do suck!!! But I think I would make an exception to go to Wacken.. : ))
So are you into basically... old school thrash, traditional, speed and power? I like some of the new genres like the Doom and melodic death etc.. but like you I am not into Black or straight Death.
I am pretty bored at work.. like everyday!! if you get bored
email me ..ahunley@ameritrade.com

metal regards,
Amy~

Oh well, I'd love to make an exception, but large crowds give me the creeps. I am into... well, I am OPEN-MINDED! I like everything except HipHop, Techno, Opera, Rap. I give everything a listen and then I decide whether I like it or not. It's either yes or no. I have to feel music. There must be that something special! I'll make my (Winamp) playlists to give you an overview of what I listen to, ok? I'll mail ya. See ya. :)

Originally posted by MetalMaiden1777
I just wanted to say that I think it is very outstanding that you have maintained the Metal Knowing this long.. as before mentioned I am 30 and sometimes I feel like I am the only one out there over 20 who is into what we are..

hmmm....have to disagree there. I find that most 'metal' fans (regardless of gender) are in their late 20's through to early 40's. Perhaps, though, this is more of a European based metric...?

If you think about it, metal was at its peak (though not necessarily musically) in the late 70's thru late 80's. Most fans who 'stayed true' are now working adults, married, with kids - but still maintain their loyalty in any shape of form - you may just not see them at concerts as much but they (we) still live and breathe metal.

Of course, this is all my opinion, and I'm not counting the crowd in the 12-25 demographic into today's mallcore that concurrently think that Demolition was the first Judas Priest album.

Originally posted by JayKeeley

hmmm....have to disagree there. I find that most 'metal' fans (regardless of gender) are in their late 20's through to early 40's. Perhaps, though, this is more of a European based metric...?

If you think about it, metal was at its peak (though not necessarily musically) in the late 70's thru late 80's. Most fans who 'stayed true' are now working adults, married, with kids - but still maintain their loyalty in any shape of form - you may just not see them at concerts as much but they (we) still live and breathe metal.

Of course, this is all my opinion, and I'm not counting the crowd in the 12-25 demographic into today's mallcore that concurrently think that Demolition was the first Judas Priest album.

JayK, I only wish this was the case...having been to quite a few metal shows lately, I'd have to say that the 15-25 year olds is the norm for metal fans. At least the out-and-proud metal fans. It's also possible that the demo you speak of simply has far too many other life issues (kids, bills, travel, work, etc.) to regularly make their presence felt at the shows...

But conversely, I LOVE the fact that there's tons of younger kids at the shows. I long for the glory days when people didn't look at you funny for wearing an Iron Maiden t-shirt outside your home. So to me, the younger kids are the newest generation, and as one of those late-20s guys, I've made it my job to educate them brother!

True man - I don't deny that there is a bigger younger crowd at the gigs (it's always been the case).

But, if you were to somehow compare the number of metal fans in the 15-25 age group to the 25-40 group, I BET the 25-40 group number would be twice the size.

The 25-40 group are just hidden away in their white collar jobs counting out the mortgage payments.... :cry:

uhm I am girl and I listen to metal, but I look more like a goth ( prolly cause I listen to gothic too )

Well, Im very sorry to say this ( because Im a girl too ) but most of the 'chicks' around, don't really know shit about the music they claim they listen to.
Of course there are exceptions, so don't start on me, but face it, they are not many. Someone mentioned before that girls in metal gigs are usually 'girlfriends' .. so go figure..

anyway. HELLLLLLOOOOOOO :D

hhahhaha... this thread has been interesting. Lots of truths and lots of misperceptions (is that a word? It is now). Anyway, it rules to see a girl who knows her music and isn't just the girlfriend..at shows, in forums, playing on stage, etc.

Metal!
-AG

I read about 5 pages of this thread, before I even wrote anything, so yeah I have to agree with you and say it has been interesting.
I've just been at your bands website, and I wanna ask you a question now Ana.

Do you find when you meet other women who think because you're in a band and play an instrument, that they have to try and prove themselves to you? Do you know what I'm saying?

Cool site btw, next time I'm in California, and you guys are playing, I'll come see ya's \m/ [Which should be around next April]

Originally posted by Kim
I've just been at your bands website, and I wanna ask you a question now Ana.

Do you find when you meet other women who think because you're in a band and play an instrument, that they have to try and prove themselves to you? Do you know what I'm saying?

Kim,

Most women I meet don't seem that they have to prove themselves to me. A lot of them say it's really cool to see a female musician, and there are others who say they're inspired to go out and start playing the instrument they never got around to picking up. There's an instance that I remember where a girl who I talked to infrequently told a mutual (guy) friend of ours that she doesn't enjoy talking to me and another girl musician we know because all we talk about is Metal and gear. I guess she'd rather talk about babies and home decor. I dunno, I thought it was kinda funny. I do know what you're saying, though. I think more guys have felt the need to prove themselves or stress their opinions that girls suck when I was in high school, but I have good connections with other musicians these days, mostly guys of course and a couple chix, lots of bands and all are overall very cool people.

Thanks for the interest in Artisan, BTW. Get signed onto our newsletter so we can see you next April! Take care!

I´m a girl and I love metal music. Mostly I listen to doom metal and all that kind of thing. I wear band shirts and I always wear black clothes. Pentagram is hanging in my neck... a little bit information about me. :)

Originally posted by Dreamdead

There's an instance that I remember where a girl who I talked to infrequently told a mutual (guy) friend of ours that she doesn't enjoy talking to me and another girl musician we know because all we talk about is Metal and gear. I guess she'd rather talk about babies and home decor. I dunno, I thought it was kinda funny.

Thanks for the interest in Artisan, BTW. Get signed onto our newsletter so we can see you next April! Take care!

Metal, gear, babies and home decor...sums me up in four words lmao Except now my baby is 13 years old, my home is my grandpa's old house and metal is a phase my parents thought I would grow out of when I turned 18. I'm 36 in October...some phase I'm going through huh? Hahahahaha!!!

It's like one chick said in a post on one of the earlier pages of this thread, she wears black and has tattoos and the nose ring, and her kid thinks she is the coolest mum at her school. That's me too. I'm a cook by trade, metalhead by nature, mum by choice. Ain't life fuckin sweet?

:headbang:

Fuckin Metal \m/

PS: I'll join the Artisan mailing list too \m/

Later...