Metalgirls?!?

Originally posted by Dreamdead
Here, ok? Boy, that Kittie really blows ass, huh?

Yes, Kittie does blow ass (and they're not Metal)! OK better topic: are either of you into any good Metal bands with female musicians?
[/B]

Actually when they were first hitting the scene, I thought it was cool, some teenage girls from Canada that formed a band and made it... They were heavy, but yes, not metal.

I kinda dug the vocalist... she'd be singing some melodic Tori Amos type and then bust with the screams...

I'd like to see this done with a more technical death metal band, but guess the time just isn't right.

Of course, with such instant success, everything fell apart replaced a bunch of members that left...

Originally posted by Demented Dave
Here are some girls who definitely rock! - http://www.phantomblue.com

I first heard of them in like 1987, they were on Shrapnel records. Since then the lineup seems to have changed a lot, but they're still kickin! There's a few vids in the "Sights" section of the site that show it's obvious they know how to take the stage confidently. I think the only original member from the 80's is the drummer, Linda.

And check out some of the Phantomer's side project, an all-female tribute to Iron Maiden called The Iron Maidens. Linda, Jojo and Sara are AWESOME musicians!

Haha!! Well, that's funny. :) Poptallica and yo-metal don't count as Metal. Hmmm, OK well I'm a chick..and I like (and PLAY) the Heavies (Thrash, Death, some Black) and other genres of Metal like Ambient and rockin' stuff. My website has all my influences and likes...so if you want some kewl E-literature on someone you don't know...go to my site and read! :p~ http://www.artisanmetal.com (click on Profiles, under Ana.. that's me) and there's more info than you've ever needed about anyone. heh!

Originally posted by Dreamdead
Haha!! Well, that's funny. :) Poptallica and yo-metal don't count as Metal. Hmmm, OK well I'm a chick..and I like (and PLAY) the Heavies (Thrash, Death, some Black) and other genres of Metal like Ambient and rockin' stuff. My website has all my influences and likes...so if you want some kewl E-literature on someone you don't know...go to my site and read! :p~ http://www.artisanmetal.com (click on Profiles, under Ana.. that's me) and there's more info than you've ever needed about anyone. heh!

Cool! I saw "Manic Impressions" and "Judgement"! Rock!

Oh yeah, you read my rant. "Ana sez". That has album listings too. :) Yeah, I love Anacrusis!! Anathema is cool too..just cuz both bands have ANA as the first 3 letters, like my name. :p OK kiddin.... but yesssssss, ROCK! \m/

NP: Lemur Voice - When The Cradle Cries

The first band I ever listen to was Iron Maiden..and I was quite young then. After that I bought my first rock cd MSG, wich I think was a cool cd :) (it still is, memories u see )
So since then my horison in Rock/Metal has been bigger and bigger..and bigger. ;)
Now I am totally loving Grave Digger (Chris has this powerful, brutal voice..I love it :D) Along comes Sentenced, Judas Priest, Halford, Tad Morose, King Diamond, Korn and Candlemass!
I just loves Metal and Rock.. I feel good when listen to it !!
:headbang:

Originally posted by Iced Spirit
Were here!!!! Theres all sorts of different metal chicks. You just have to look for us!:cool:

BTW...Hi Xenophobe baby.......;)

Hey you. :p

Hope you have a nice vacation! :lol:

Here's another one.

030.gif

Originally posted by ProgMetalFan

No. If you don't count the few who like Poptallica or yo-metal.

Have you ever been to a concert? Or part of it could be that you're admittedly a "progmetalfan." In which case you're right, I've never met a female who enjoys 12-minute long guitar & keyboard spankfests either. ;)

Originally posted by markgugs

Have you ever been to a concert? Or part of it could be that you're admittedly a "progmetalfan." In which case you're right, I've never met a female who enjoys 12-minute long guitar & keyboard spankfests either. ;)

ha ha ha

Metal is an aggressive, testosterone filled type of music that understandably wouldn't appeal to a large female audience. I'm always happy to see a large showing of women at metal concerts. In fact I was really surprised when I went and saw Vio-lence in L.A. and though the women didn't outnumber the guys, it still looked like a 40/60 mix which was great! Especially at an old school thrash show.

Originally posted by markgugs

Well, stopped counting at about 1,600 concerts a few years ago, and I looooooove 12-minute shreds (as long as it's not boring or useless shredding).
I'm a guitar lover (no Yngwie!) anyway, and don't start with keyboards... don't start that hehe....

Have a nICE day.