The future of metal

lol I see country metal coming soon thanks to the popularity of the band Rebel Meets Rebel. As for the future I'm not honestly sure. In these days it's difficult for a band to become popular so... I don't see anything else happening other than country metal. As long as bands don't release a lot of bad albums I see nothing bad coming. It'll be as good

Ps I listened to Egyptian Metal before it rocks.

I don't know if there will be new genres besides the continuing mixing of the already existing ones. Black metal will continue to become more and more mainstream and the ones who like the extreme black metal will continue to frown upon it while more commercial pop kids will like the more accessable black metal. Metalcore will continue to blend pop music with melodic death metal and some death metal bands will help contribute to it.

I don't know what else can actually be started now. "Ambient metal" has always been around and never really accepted by the general scene, same with "dark metal". I don't know how much farther it can go.

MetalBall said:
one thing is sure, the more you listen to metal, the more you like it---so your taste start to get more polish and your ready to step one more feet into more genre of metal-----but there is a Start, you d'ont just like death technical metal as your first listening----NO, you start by Heavy Metal, then you go search for something else....

So i think the basic Heavy metal will be there to stay, and as someone as point out---will be more riff alike and will stay MelodicVoicing!

I d'ont know if my answer make sense for you?
I disagree, one of the first metal bands I listened to was a Technical Death Metal Band, Meshuggah :headbang:

metal_wrath said:
I disagree, one of the first metal bands I listened to was a Technical Death Metal Band, Meshuggah :headbang:

Meshuggah is a Yiddish word. Listening to Meshuggah promotes tolerance and fights anti-Semitism.

metal_wrath said:
Wow, I never knew Meshuggah was in the same genre as Spawn of Possesion.:lol:

Seriously, though, they are post-thrash.

Zhou Tai 04 said:

Seriously though, they sound nothing like any Thrash band I have ever heard, the vocals are more death sounding and they are technical as fuck. So I call them Technical Death Metal. I wonder what is so thrashy about them?

Zhou Tai 04 said:

Seeing your signature and avatar caused me to go and look for this image.

[/off-topicness]

metal_wrath said:
Seriously though, they sound nothing like any Thrash band I have ever heard, the vocals are more death sounding and they are technical as fuck. So I call them Technical Death Metal. I wonder what is so thrashy about them?

Maybe the music?

Meshuggah is not technical or a death metal band. Meshuggah is labelled post-thrash because they were originally a thrash band (Psykisk Testbild,Contradictions Collapse).