The future of metal

metal_wrath said:
Btw, You should check out Genghis Tron, they sound like post-grindcore with electronica and noisecore

Pretty good band. Very origonal. Electro-Grind is something I'd be interested in hearing more of, definatly.

As for the future of metal, I'd openly welcome a new sub-genre. A lot of the current scene is starting to get bleak for me. Probably why I've been listening to so much expirimental and progressive metal lately.

Both statements are equally invalid and plain stupid. It depends entirely upon the context, and this should be abundantly obvious. There's nothing inherently right or wrong with melody and dissonance.

Carcassian said:
I don't know. The last few ears of strictly limiting bands by genre seems to have made very few bands willing to think outside the box - so I'm afraid what we will get, by and large, is "more of the same".

On Metalcore btw - this shit isn't metalcore. I was always under the impression that bands like Biohazard, Merauder and Above All were metalcore - all bands which I enjoyed immensely. This current wave ought to be called "metal-lite-core":kickass:

But I imagine it's hard to think of something new because metal has explored so much territory already. So I guessed it is possible that metal get stripped back to something simple again.

I've always liked Biohazard. The newer metalcore bands pretty much are like a poor rip off of hardcore, emo and Gothenburg metal.

MURAI said:
I mean is something good currently cooking up in the underground which will be the new subgenre of metal? Like the next death, black or thrash?

No. The dumb metal like Leviathan, Drudkh, Lja and Napalm Death is too popular for anyone serious to want to write metal. By "serious" I mean interested in art.

Anti-Racism said:
No. The dumb metal like Leviathan, Drudkh, Lja and Napalm Death is too popular for anyone serious to want to write metal. By "serious" I mean interested in art.

You are seriously a fucking idiot. Get out.

Anti-Racism said:

pretty much all music is art. Or by art do you mean endorsed by ANUS or similar in philosophy to ANUS? Honestly, since when has popular metal done anything to weaken the underground? look what happened during the glam/hair metal period.

Anti-Racism said:
...in different degrees.

Well, thats besides the point. I know a drummer who listens to slipknot and thinks they are great. He is seriously interested in art though, there is no denying that. He practices/plays/performs a good 3-4 hours a day. That is much more then me, even though I listen to better music. I wager that he will be more likely to be a part of the next big metal movement then I will. Does this clarify my point?

one thing is sure, the more you listen to metal, the more you like it---so your taste start to get more polish and your ready to step one more feet into more genre of metal-----but there is a Start, you d'ont just like death technical metal as your first listening----NO, you start by Heavy Metal, then you go search for something else....

So i think the basic Heavy metal will be there to stay, and as someone as point out---will be more riff alike and will stay MelodicVoicing!

I d'ont know if my answer make sense for you?