The future of metal

MURAI

-
Nov 6, 2002
Canada
I mean is something good currently cooking up in the underground which will be the new subgenre of metal? Like the next death, black or thrash? Or do you believe metal pretty much explored enough territory? Do you feel it is possible that metal will return to something more simple before it split up into all these subtypes?

Do not mention metalcore. All of us know it is there anyway.

SV, you are a fucking idiot. complete, total, fucking idiot.
just pointing out the obvious.

and you dont have a dick.

anyway, the future of metal is looking very grim.

metalcore is invading

No doubt there is something brewing, people are always coming up with new stuff and bringing new influences to metal and all its subgenre's; about a year ago people were talking about making Greek Folk Metal (zues metal :lol:), I'm making Egyptian Funeral Doom, and somewhere someone else is probably throwing some other ethnic twists into their music. Of course I'm not saying that metal is only going to be limited by the cultural influences that the musicians surround themselves with, these were only a few examples.

My point is there is always something..

Mike27 said:
SV, you are a fucking idiot. complete, total, fucking idiot.
just pointing out the obvious.

and you dont have a dick.

anyway, the future of metal is looking very grim.

metalcore is invading

DO NOT FEED THE TROLL!!!

Metalcore is just taking the path that almost all other non-metal genre's that use the same types of instruments take. They get big, people complain, they die down.

Seraphim Belial said:
No doubt there is something brewing, people are always coming up with new stuff and bringing new influences to metal and all its subgenre's; about a year ago people were talking about making Greek Folk Metal (zues metal :lol:), I'm making Egyptian Funeral Doom, and somewhere someone else is probably throwing some other ethnic twists into their music. Of course I'm not saying that metal is only going to be limited by the cultural influences that the musicians surround themselves with, these were only a few examples.

My point is there is always something..

I think he was more in the line of something musicly much different then any metal around, Greek Folk Metal is still folk metal. Egyptian Funeral Doom is still Funeral doom. He was more on the lines of something huge popping up in metal.

I understand that, I just didn't touch on that because I'm not exactly sure what to call such a thing other than experimental at the moment.

Seraphim Belial said:
I understand that, I just didn't touch on that because I'm not exactly sure what to call such a thing other than experimental at the moment.

Yea man I got you, I was thinking the very same thing. I kinda nitpicked there and I apologize.

No problem at all - I'm hoping to hear some brand new mindblowing stuff in the future myself :)

The future of metal is

post-death metal
post-thrash
post-grindcore
post-rock metal

Btw, You should check out Genghis Tron, they sound like post-grindcore with electronica and noisecore