Metalgirls?!?

i get to wear what i want anyway, im mostly into really gothic clothing, none of this baggy jeans and teeshirts crap.i wear corsets and velvet dresses,regardless of whether im working, studying or playing.

me= metal girl...i know what you mean about most girls being black metal fanatics...i like black metal, but i like death, power, doom and all that stuff too.
its hard for me to stick to just one genre

Here are some girls who definitely rock! - http://www.phantomblue.com

I first heard of them in like 1987, they were on Shrapnel records. Since then the lineup seems to have changed a lot, but they're still kickin! There's a few vids in the "Sights" section of the site that show it's obvious they know how to take the stage confidently. I think the only original member from the 80's is the drummer, Linda.

Originally posted by bleedingfilth
me= metal girl...i know what you mean about most girls being black metal fanatics...i like black metal, but i like death, power, doom and all that stuff too.
its hard for me to stick to just one genre

i understand that, my comment was aimed at the girls ive met ino black metal and nothing else, i to am into more than one genre, life would be boring if i just stuck to the one!

Originally posted by LadyA
i think most girls are into black metal cos its supposed to be romantic.i can see where they get that idea from, black metal is easy listening metal really(saying that my fave bands are cradle and hecatre enthroned) but thats to do wwith my interest in vampyrism and english folklore, and ancient worlds. but i can also appreciate(worship) gods like necrophagia, cannibal corpse, scream bloody gore, etc etc. however ive yet to find a man in england who is into metal s exstreme as me
.:Shedevil:
Oh please. This is the stupidest and most ridiculous thing I've read. Black metal has never been supposed to be romantic.

Then again your knowledge of it is limited to bands that are NOT Black Metal.
Cradle of Filth, Dimmu Borgir and their clones are goth metal or something like that. If you call _that_ extreme, it means you don't know anything about it.

Pff, I just read all 6 pages and saw so many things I wanted to reply to, that I don't know where to begin anymore hehe!

Anyways.. I've been into metal for over 20 years and the amount of metal women has increased immensely over the years, but still I don't see a whole lot of 'real' metal women who eat, sleep and breath metal. Many seem to just tag along with their happens-to-be-metal-boyfriends. But Angelwitch73 certainly is one of my sisters in metal, a (imo) REAL woman :D
BTW, I'll never understand why many men prefer a barbie doll (regardless what she likes or her IQ) over a soulmate (regardless how she looks).

I feel most comfortable wearing my metal shirts and jeans. Whether at home or at work (and I work in the city hall!), I just don't wear any 'shocking' ones at work ;) I never got kids, but I don't see why one would change his/her style for that. I know my friends don't and they're the coolest moms I know :)

And about 'been there, done that, grew out of it': guess you don't grow out of something you really love in your heart. I don't like wearing spikes anymore, but other than that I still have long hair (can't do without for the headbanging :headbang: ), wear metal shirts/jeans etc, have a nose- and eyebrowpiercing, a tattoo (damn, only one).. So basically the same things I loved 10 or 15 years ago. And most likely the reason why people think I'm 26 or 28 instead of 38 too :D

xxx Marlies

Originally posted by astarte

Oh please. This is the stupidest and most ridiculous thing I've read. Black metal has never been supposed to be romantic.

Then again your knowledge of it is limited to bands that are NOT Black Metal.
Cradle of Filth, Dimmu Borgir and their clones are goth metal or something like that. If you call _that_ extreme, it means you don't know anything about it.

shows how much you know about me. ill say again, most of the girls ive met who claim to be into black metal only like COF and DIMMU, if you check out some of cradles lyrics they are vampyric romance, " i was born in love with thee so why should fate stand in between"......nuff said, that and the fact that dani filth is fanciable in a goth version of a backstreet boys member kinda way. or is this one of those " cradle have sold out so now they are not extreme"

cradle are god at what they do, and yes i do like them, they are summat to relax to, and good music to fuck to.

i personally love black metal but things lie nargaroht, borknagar, emperor,bal-sagothetc etc.

i also like deathmetal, grindcor and doom.being 26 and having been brought up on metal by my parents(who are still goth and living metal) i do know my stuff, or at least id like to think so.im also into many other genres, i like industrial,goth, electrica, i even partake ina bit of rap. so dont tell me i dont know what im talking about. i merely stated an onbservation but if you wanna have an 2im more metal than you cos my hair is blacker than yours" type argument then go ahead, bring it on.

and i agree with marlies, about women tagging along with their metal boyfriends, i too have seen a lot of this, its really quite silly.

You missed the whole point of what astarte said. He said your knowledge was limited to bands that AREN'T black metal, and if you're using CoF & Dimmu as a basis to say that black metal is "romantic" well, you're wrong. It's pretty simple actually.

Exactly.. but I'm not a "he" :p

ill say again, most of the girls ive met who claim to be into black metal only like COF and DIMMU.
Well, aren't you one of those girls?
The fact that you said "i can see where they get that idea from, black metal is easy listening metal really(saying that my fave bands are cradle and hecatre enthroned)" proves my point.

they are summat to relax to, and good music to fuck to.
Typical "metal girl". :rolleyes:
I won't go into that anyway.

i personally love black metal but things lie nargaroht, borknagar, emperor,bal-sagothetc etc.
Apart from Nargaroth, those aren't really BM bands and I bet you just threw the name in there.

aw whats the matter cant accept that im a girl an d know what i like?? yeh so what i like cradle and hecate, i also like many others.yes i can see whymany girls would like BM , its easy listening metal.my point was that there are not many i know who listen necrophagia or rotting christ (ooh look i threw in more names, cos really i have no idea what im talking about)

your are an ignorant fool if you think you can judge me after a couple of posts on a message board

Have no fear..there are a few of us Metal Maidens out there..yet that in fact do still support metal on the "outside".
I guess I would have to agree that you need to tone the metal garb down a bit when you "grow up"in certain circumstances like work etc...but I dont think you have to sell your self out and wear whatever is acceptable for your age group according to Mr. Mainstream. I am 30 yrs old and I still wear old school band shirts and black jeans etc..leather jacket and My hair is still basically the same as always.. LONG and yes, I have bangs.. haha..this is just me and changing my look just isnt something that I feel good about. Simply, anything else wouldnt be me.

LOL Interesting to read

Can you tell by my name that I'm a girl too...?
I'm new 'round here, yet I like my Metal.

I'm a wee bit older :)

Well *clears throat* I am not really into BM, Grind and growling vox but a warm hello to everyone out there :)

Originally posted by Lady Of The Snow
LOL Interesting to read

Can you tell by my name that I'm a girl too...?
I'm new 'round here, yet I like my Metal.

I'm a wee bit older :)

Well *clears throat* I am not really into BM, Grind and growling vox but a warm hello to everyone out there :)

Hmmm, how MUCH older?

*mark drools at the prospect of a 'mature' metal girl*