Metalgirls?!?

I listen to metal. I hardly ever dress the part though. I look 'dark', not gothic or anything. I like to wear what I like to wear.

Saying that, most people are surprised when they see my cd collection. "*You're* into death metal?" is the usual response.

Whoa, you're into death metal? :hotjump:

j/k

BodomAfterMid, I'm not too concerned with how women dress, of course, undressed is best, but you don't see metal chicks dressed up metal all the time like back in the 80's...

well, i'm female and muchly into metal...but just because you're into metal does'nt mean you've got to dress in black or any other particular way.

i'm a baggy trousers person really...with flarness! a cross over of 60's flares and todays baggies! :D

but i do know quite a few ladies into metal...there does seem to be quite a big metal following here in leeds tho...which is all good!

Originally posted by PaulTangaroa
i guess it depends on where you are, where i am from (leeds in england) there are loads of girls being and looking very metal indeed .. my girl is very metal, although she has her times for work where she is "smart casual", on a friday night she is usually dressed rather sexily and fully feminine, which of course is great as well, as she is a work of art .. but then she can look as metal as most, and she is into everything from vision of disorder, boy sets fire, to gorgoroth, cryptopsy, setherial, cave in, opeth and more .. so she knows her stuff

they are out there mate, dont worry :)

sweet... i am coming to leeds next year for university... come on the metal laydeez
:)

Well, to most average people, that's not a good thing. They think because you're into extreme metal that there is something very, very wrong with you...

I get weird looks as it is blaring Suffocation or something while I'm driving down the streets or pulling into a parking lot... But, really, I don't really care....

I don't dress metal either. Attitude comes from the inside, and I really don't need to wear it as a badge... Some people dress like that, which is cool, but it just isn't me. Been there, done that, and grew out of it.

Persue your cd case? lol... Hey Kisses, I'll take you to Nile/Hate Eternal, and then we could go back to your place, and you can show me your CD's. :yow:

I get weird looks as it is blaring Suffocation or something while I'm driving down the streets or pulling into a parking lot... But, really, I don't really care....

I totally did that at the mall. I had Emperor going full blast, while everybody else was cruising to hip-hop. That drive was priceless.

Oh yeah, you can look through my cds anytime ;D

I absolutely hate it when those thump machines pull next to me... I'll turn up the volume... Funny when they look at me like I'm crazy or something. DM has enough mids to cut through the rap well enough to give'em sour looks. Like my music is distrubing their peace or something!

Mmm... I'll take you up on the CD Browsing someday.... :D

Originally posted by Reykjaviking
It makes me wonder, why it is, that there´s barely any girls out there being into metal respectively "living" it on the outside too..

Is it maybe because they have a smaller potential as far as aggressions are concerned and because they´re too mature to wander the streets of whatever place they live in- all wrapped in black, with a sinister look on their face like plenty of their male colleagues do ?

I´m from Austria, where (underground) metal is very popular- but still you hardly get to see any metal heads round here- especially not female ones. (i´m not talking about those jeans-black leather-metal figures though)

My girl, who lives in the states (and is soon gonna be joined by myself for good) -pretty much likes metal- oldschool though- but i respect that of course even though i´m not very much into oldschool but underground.

however- i´d very much like some input on that- -Mart..

You should try going to the New Renaissance Records board. The company is owned by Ann Boleyn, the lead singer of Hellion. And there are a lot of girls who post there.

http://www.newrenaissancerecords.com

I have it the worst out of all of you!!!!! I live in the ghetto!!!!!!!!!! bronx new york!!! were metalheads are seen as often as UFO's!!
I suffer :cry: I always wanted to find a chick that is into the same music Im it but its just not possible in my area , I need to go to the suburbs or something maybe even Sweden itself to find a decent chick!! :mad:

Like someone stated,as people get older they wont dress in that fashion as much.The metal image has changed a bit anyways.Lot's of people sporting short hair into the scene.I don't dress in a metal or goth fashion much since I don't like being stereotyped.

as I said second in this thread the metal women are out there. Most dont look 'metal', but thats why ya got to walk over and talk to em. It's really cool to spend 4 hours talking metal with a girl. To bad she had a boyfriend....lucky guy. :)

_Satan

Originally posted by GrimSaviour

sweet... i am coming to leeds next year for university... come on the metal laydeez
:)

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!! hello!!! its meeee! im the one paul tangaroa was going on about earlier! when you get up to leeds, if you come to star we'll all be there including sooooooooooooze who posted earlier in this thread!!

if you wanna get chatting to loads of people from leeds you should go on the Raw Nerve forum, its got shitloads of people from leeds on there and we all meet up every Friday and go to Star which is the Metal club at the Leeds Met Student Union!

Star is fantastic and is reeeeeeet cheap on the old booze side of things!!

jen x

ay up jen :) .. yeah ,, star is well cheap
especially for a friday night club

£1.50 for a pint of mmmmmmmmmmmmm kronenbourg
and £1.75 for a doublemmmmmmmmmmmmmm jack daniels and coke!!

there aint loads of extreme stuff played, although we have been known to get cannibal corpse, nile, arkangel, reprisal, meshuggah, dillinger escape plan and even tangaroa played in there a few times, so there is hope!! :) ..

i am thinking of starting my night up again though, which used to have some fair mad moments going on as well!! .. :) ..