another shorter sound clip (some fun with freefilter!)

Hahaha, no way ! What it can do is take a snapshop Eq of a source material and apply that Eq to another Target material. But that's it... Take a snare, apply some guitar Eq on it, and it won't sound like a guitar, only like a snare with a weird eq ;) Eq is not sound.

Ahh..okay. I just remember talking to Dan Swano at a wedding a couple of years back, and he told me that he had a bit of software that enabled him to get that exact old Entombed guitar tone.. I assumed that this Freefilter is what he was talking about.

Yes, probably, you take a guitar sound, apply the eq of another one, and you'll get the same spectral image for both sounds, but in my opinion it's not enough to call that "an exact copy", since you do not change the grain of the sound, its harmonics etc.. But don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this is no good, of course in some cases it can be useful tool !

Lee_B said:
Ahh..okay. I just remember talking to Dan Swano at a wedding a couple of years back, and he told me that he had a bit of software that enabled him to get that exact old Entombed guitar tone.. I assumed that this Freefilter is what he was talking about.

Yeah, he used FreeFilter to take an eq shape of the Entombed Left Hand Path guitar tone(i think it was this CD), and used it on the Bloodbath stuff. If I'm correct, he also used Korn's Untouchables(again, not sure about the album) on the whole song/album, too. This kind of stuff doesn't get the exact tone, but it does provide a pretty cool effect.

Yeah, he used FreeFilter to take an eq shape of the Entombed Left Hand Path guitar tone(i think it was this CD), and used it on the Bloodbath stuff. If I'm correct, he also used Korn's Untouchables(again, not sure about the album) on the whole song/album, too. This kind of stuff doesn't get the exact tone, but it does provide a pretty cool effect.

Then it would be most interesting to hear the bloodbath album without freefilter on it, i would say... and hear how it sounds then...

You guys might want to check our Firium. It's an amazing program for EQ matching.