another tour!

well, to be honest with you, i've never seen the venue, but i've never seen (adds of) bands of Anathema's proportion play there. i think its too small - in the vein of Tagrijn, Doornroosje, small Melkweg, u know. just made me wonder, not really downsizing it, cos u know, those are mostly the most intimate shows :)

pagan2002 said:
it'll be a good night. better than a half full place thats too big
i presume it will too :) if u compare venues like Tivoli and 013, which one did u like best, in accordance to atmosphere and the amount of ppl?
i reckon Tivoli suits better, cos when its as spacey like 013, u lose some of the intimacy i feel..

not including open-air fests tho ;)

your both right there. at the right place, a big crowd can have a great atmos. tivoli is a great venue though i love it there. especially the disco afterwards. one of my fave nights on the tour.

toolsofthetrade said:
btw, isnt Anathema just a phase too far to play Lantaarn? i mean looking at former shows and the size of the fanbase here in Holland? btw, i really look fwd seeing you guys in Breda, must be a bit of a strange sensation doing a streetfest and all..?

oh are you going to skip judas priest at graspop and go to breda pieter?

pagan2002 said:
ah you could hang around with us elisabeth although i am not sure i know anyone living in breda so dont think i could find you somewhere to crash. still it would be ok like.

:) thanks!

i read that anathema wil be closing the breda barst festival on sunday. if i'm going i'll drop my tent somewhere in the neighbourhooding villages. holland trains run till quite late at night i guess so this might become a plan to go to holland :)
and if anyone wants to join let me know of courze...

only goth band i seem to listen to these days is Zeraphine, though they're getting more commercial as well.

btw Danny, no dates for germany? I hoped to catch you this time, last time was all a bit messed up like, and i couldn't come.

Is the venue fixed for the Budapest gig?

I agree on the half-full big venue being worse than a small one that's packed, but when it was the Opeth gig some people couldn't get in the small E-club, that must've been really annoying.

siderea said:
oh are you going to skip judas priest at graspop and go to breda pieter?
yeah, i was going to ask the same excually, cause that gig is the sunday of graspop (only 40 minutes by car from dessel)

siderea said:
i read that anathema wil be closing the breda barst festival on sunday. if i'm going i'll drop my tent somewhere in the neighbourhooding villages. holland trains run till quite late at night i guess so this might become a plan to go to holland :)
and if anyone wants to join let me know of courze...
i think they have a small camping area, and otherwise, .. join us on the last night of graspop :)

you should check the Italian band called "Klimt 1918"... excelent music and they would be nice supports... their music is quite melancolic rockish stuff with some bits of metal ... good stuff.. check this songs from their debut album "undressed momento"

Parade of adolescense
We don't need no music

it seems like a spammish post :D

toolsofthetrade said:
Tivoli has left me with many good memories over the years
It certainly left me with one good memory: We went over to see My Dying Bride in November. The show was awesome... But man, the Tivoli was so packed with people - I couldn't move at all, my back has never hurt more after a gig than that night...