Anthrax...........Bush Covers......Belladonna/Turbin Era Songs

Deadly Embrace

TL PREACHER
Feb 27, 2002
Bay Area
www.sfmetal.com
ANTHRAX: 'Metallum Maximus Aeternus' To Surface In The Spring - Nov. 17, 2003

ANTHRAX have set "Metallum Maximus Aeternus" as the title for their upcoming collection of Belladonna/Turbin-era songs sung by current vocalist John Bush, according to the group's official German web site, www.anthraxband.de.

The album will be recorded early next year and the exact track listing for the effort will be voted on by the group's fans. A late spring release through Nuclear Blast is expected.

From Blabbermouth.Net

This should suck ........."Maximus.....Ass....ernus"!........

Um, fucdk all you doubters. Bush has one of the greatest voices in Metal be it with Saint or Anthrax. Turbin and Belladonna had no balls. Fuck em. Bush does their material a million times better.

I liked Neil and Joey better singing Anthrax material, but thats because thats who I grew up listening to sing them. I think John is a great singer and I always liked Armored Saint back in the day, but I cant fucking stand nu-assthrax. I wont buy this because Ill never support those guys ever again, but Id like to hear John sing some of those old songs.

Don't know what to think about this. Although I like some of the new stuff, The old stuff still blows it away. Having this new line-up do it would definately be different. This idea is sort of like their version of Iced Earth's Days of Purgatory album. Or even Testament's First Strike. In that respect it's probably a good thing as long as they stay fairly close to the originals.

Most people seem to prefer the Island albums with Joey and Dan. But Dan has gone born again christian insulting the members almost as pathetically as Billy Milano. And with Joey they once tried to do a reunion tour with him but he wanted a Metallica sized paycheck to do so, which Anthrax obviously couldn't afford. I do like John Bush although there are newer Anthrax songs which I think completely blow, a problem that they never had before. Having the fans vote on the songs might be the most intelligent point of the excersize.

Akumojo Dracula X3 said:
Don't know what to think about this. Although I like some of the new stuff, The old stuff still blows it away. Having this new line-up do it would definately be different. This idea is sort of like their version of Iced Earth's Days of Purgatory album. Or even Testament's First Strike. In that respect it's probably a good thing as long as they stay fairly close to the originals.

Most people seem to prefer the Island albums with Joey and Dan. But Dan has gone born again christian insulting the members almost as pathetically as Billy Milano. And with Joey they once tried to do a reunion tour with him but he wanted a Metallica sized paycheck to do so, which Anthrax obviously couldn't afford. I do like John Bush although there are newer Anthrax songs which I think completely blow, a problem that they never had before. Having the fans vote on the songs might be the most intelligent point of the excersize.

Much more like First Strike Still Deadly, since Days of Purgatory only had re-recorded vocals (bass and drums re-recorded on tracks from Enter the Realm), where as First Strike Still Deadly was a complete re-recording. An even better comparision would be Gamma Ray's Blast From the Past, where many of the old songs were with Ralf Scheepers, and sounded very different when you heard Kai do them (the songs were also completely re-recorded with new musicians). Also, Kai is a much raspier singer than Ralf, so the outcome was very interesting.
Maybe not many here are into power metal, but what the hell...;)
The invention here is that the band actually performs the songs live in the studio, I haven't heard a re-recording album where they've done that...

It`s a great news to me!!! I said in some previous post that I love Anthrax musically with Belladonna but vocally with John and now I will have an opportunity to listen to old stuff with XXI century sound and my fav Anthrax`s singer!!! Fukk yeah!!!

xSUIxTOMMYx said:
It`s a great news to me!!! I said in some previous post that I love Anthrax musically with Belladonna but vocally with John and now I will have an opportunity to listen to old stuff with XXI century sound and my fav Anthrax`s singer!!! Fukk yeah!!!
I just saw them not to long ago, with the XXI century sound, it did'nt help beleive me, there sound was terrible & Bush just can't do the old songs justice,
Joey's cover band does them way better than 3/5 the original Anthrax lineup, they just don't have it anymore...........If they reform....then they got a chance, besides they are playing smaller & smaller venues, that says it all......

Speaking of Joey's band, one of my buds now plays with him...in fact the whole backing band is from Montreal...but they still don't get a gig here...will give Primadonna credit for doing MEDUSA though.

DE, it`s good to hear some hot news about the band`s shape which in fact is not a good news...
However, I suppose it will not be such a killer as TestAmenT`s FSID but I`m looking forward to get that CD on my player.

And with Joey they once tried to do a reunion tour with him but he wanted a Metallica sized paycheck to do so, which Anthrax obviously couldn't afford.
More lies from asscrax! It was more like Joey just wanted his fair share, something that scott and charlie werent willing to give him. (gee what a surprise) The whole "reunion" idea was more of scott and charlie scamming up ways to resurrect their dying band by any means they could.

anthrax = PATHETIC!