Anthrax can suck my cock...

ashaman7122

Crazy on a ship of fools
Dec 11, 2002
Ya know...

I'm tired of reading about the boys in 'Thrax bitching about the lack of love that they get...I fucking give up...

After reading the latest rant from Charlie about not finding the latest release at Best Buy, I've just had enough.

I was one of the faithful that drove 150 miles to see them at San Antonio...even dragged two friends to the show that didn't even know Anthrax existed after 1989 (they fucking had the time of their life by the way)....

Sure the crowd was fucking lame...blame it on the promoter...or the Spurs game...or even fucking Cinco De Mayo...but after completely rocking out I had to be subjected to endless bitching about how Texas (specifically) sucked and North America (in general) just didn't compare to the "love" that they get in Europe and elsewhere.

It's like the band is trying to lay a giant guilt trip on supposed fans to support them...but I say that they're only pissing off the loyal fans that were there rocking their fucking nuts off against the barricade.

I'm sorry if Charlie can't fucking afford his limited edition McFarlane Dracula figurine cuz some lameass in Lubbock didn't buy their new fucking album...

Some of us have been fans since the beginning...some of us have flown the 'Thrax flag since the beginning...some of us have kept the 'Thrax memory alive throughout the years (and infected many others)...some of us have dragged friends kicking and screaming to concerts and listening parties and recruited others to spread the word...but I'm tired of being embarrassed because a band can't stop bitching about their supposed lack of success...

You know what?...fuck it...I don't think you guys give a rat's ass...

Fuck you Anthrax!...Don't diss the fans just cuz they're trying to survive in a "down" market...we know the market sucks.

I've always been a fan...and probably...against my better judgement...I always will...but...goddam...lay off, bitches!

By the way...John Bush has always been a class act...and hopefully always will...

Although you make some valid points, using "Anthrax can suck my cock" as your subject heading pretty much shoots your credibility straight to hell.

Rich

That's pretty much how I feel at this point...so I think it has a certain validity to it...

And...by the way...you can suck it too if you don't like it...

Obviously...the whole point of my thread is to express my displeasure. Was I too vague? Did you not grasp that meaning?

Rock on!

I'm with you Ashaman. I have to give up on Anthrax - Charlie and Scott are too much. They are not worth it...John Bush is a cool dude, intelligent and in my opinion the only good thing left in this band. I've like Anthrax since 1984 - not so much in the Belladonna years - but there are a lot of bands to spend my money on - I can't stand whiners. Sorry John Bush - I hope you can straigthen this band out.

ashaman7122 said:
That's pretty much how I feel at this point...so I think it has a certain validity to it...

And...by the way...you can suck it too if you don't like it...

Obviously...the whole point of my thread is to express my displeasure. Was I too vague? Did you not grasp that meaning?

Rock on!
Have your boyfriend do that for you.

Rich

coop said:
Have your boyfriend do that for you.

Rich
Wow...I've been told...I'm speechless at the shocking use of gay-bashing humor that has perpetrated here...

Geez...gimme a break!

(Must've hit a nerve, huh?)

Charlie wasn't bashing the fans. He was bashing Sanctuary. How would you feel if you worked so hard at something only to have it forgotten about by the people responsible for marketing and distributing it? It's extremely disheartening and in no way is that pointed at the fans. If it wasn't for the loyalty and the people that do drive 150 miles, and the people that will go look in four record stores to find a CD or DVD, and the people that actually care, there would be no band.
I'm sorry if you took it personally but it wasn't meant for you. The fire that needs to be lit is under the labels ass. The fans rule.

I'm sorry if Charlie can't fucking afford his limited edition McFarlane Dracula figurine cuz some lameass in Lubbock didn't buy their new fucking album..

McFarlane has a limited edition Dracula figure. Thats the best news I heard all day.

Mr. Wu said:
Charlie wasn't bashing the fans. He was bashing Sanctuary. How would you feel if you worked so hard at something only to have it forgotten about by the people responsible for marketing and distributing it? It's extremely disheartening and in no way is that pointed at the fans. If it wasn't for the loyalty and the people that do drive 150 miles, and the people that will go look in four record stores to find a CD or DVD, and the people that actually care, there would be no band.
I'm sorry if you took it personally but it wasn't meant for you. The fire that needs to be lit is under the labels ass. The fans rule.
Obviously, Wu, you didn't really read my post close enough. I'm not just some half-baked dumbass that decided to rant against Charlie's latest tantrum. My post alluded to a lot of previous bitching that has obviously escaped your notice.

Get a clue before you respond. I know I didn't specifically say it...but don't you get the gist that I'm a long time fan (I hope so...I've spent enough money on Anthrax stuff).

Man...this is just what I was talking about. Of course the problem is with the label...and the distributors...and the fucking lame-ass, scared-of-teeny-bopper-PTA-Parent-backlash-Retailers...and the brainwashed buying public...

...the point is, I've never seen a band bemoan their ill-gotten fate to their loyal public quite so vehemently....

Jesus...I've actually seen post where the band berates their fans for not getting out and recruiting more fans...

And...for that...I say...fuck you too, Mr. Wu! If that makes me an asshole, well then...I guess I'm just an asshole....

ashaman, cool off dude, quit with this 3rd grade "fuck you asshole" bullshit.

take a chill, and read Mr. Wu's post again. you won't get an answer more direct.

As our esteemed colleague Mr. Ashaman has so kindly stated, he is a long time fan of the band.
What Mr. Ashaman doesn't realize is said band had the same problems in 1984 during Fistful Of Metal. Said band had the same problems in 1986 during Spreading The Disease, in 1987 during Among The Living, etc. etc. But back then in the "everyone see's them through rose colored glasses 80's" there was no way for Mr. Ashaman to know this. Some day when the book comes out, he can read all about the wonderful Island years.
The difference is that now we have a lovely thing called the internet and said band has a website that Mr. Ashaman can go to and have a direct connection to the band and all it's ups and downs, comings and goings.
One would think as a long time fan, being able to hear first hand from a band member their feelings on a myriad number of subjects ranging from movie reviews to even yes, "bemoaning their ill-gotten fate", would be a cool thing.
But no, when a band member expresses himself in anything other than a positive way, it's considered whining. That's fine. If your opinion is that a band member is bitching too much, that's your opinion. Simple solution. No need to get all angry and sweary. Just don't read it. Why upset yourself? I'm not saying this to be a dick. There's plenty of stuff on the net, on the TV, and in the papers that pisses me off to no end and last time I checked, even against the mighty Clear Channel and the fictitious president's wishes, this is still a free country and I use my right to not subscribe.
I don't expect this to change your opinion. That's the last thing I want. I don't expect the people that post on the Anthrax message board to be Stepford fans and only have nice things to say. A free exchange of opinions and ideas is necessary and I wouldn't want it any other way.
This site is used by us to have a direct two way connection to our audience. We answer our emails. We hear what you say. Anyone that takes the time to even look at our site, let alone post has my respect.
Oh, and by the way, Mr. Wu is not always who you think it is.

ashaman7122 said:
Ya know...

I'm tired of reading about the boys in 'Thrax bitching about the lack of love that they get...I fucking give up...

After reading the latest rant from Charlie about not finding the latest release at Best Buy, I've just had enough.

I was one of the faithful that drove 150 miles to see them at San Antonio...even dragged two friends to the show that didn't even know Anthrax existed after 1989 (they fucking had the time of their life by the way)....

Sure the crowd was fucking lame...blame it on the promoter...or the Spurs game...or even fucking Cinco De Mayo...but after completely rocking out I had to be subjected to endless bitching about how Texas (specifically) sucked and North America (in general) just didn't compare to the "love" that they get in Europe and elsewhere.

It's like the band is trying to lay a giant guilt trip on supposed fans to support them...but I say that they're only pissing off the loyal fans that were there rocking their fucking nuts off against the barricade.

I'm sorry if Charlie can't fucking afford his limited edition McFarlane Dracula figurine cuz some lameass in Lubbock didn't buy their new fucking album...

Some of us have been fans since the beginning...some of us have flown the 'Thrax flag since the beginning...some of us have kept the 'Thrax memory alive throughout the years (and infected many others)...some of us have dragged friends kicking and screaming to concerts and listening parties and recruited others to spread the word...but I'm tired of being embarrassed because a band can't stop bitching about their supposed lack of success...

You know what?...fuck it...I don't think you guys give a rat's ass...

Fuck you Anthrax!...Don't diss the fans just cuz they're trying to survive in a "down" market...we know the market sucks.

I've always been a fan...and probably...against my better judgement...I always will...but...goddam...lay off, bitches!

By the way...John Bush has always been a class act...and hopefully always will...
Drove 150 miles to see them in San Antonio? That's awesome. I was at the show in McAllen, and while the crowd was small, Anthrax kicked ass. When I got there, I didn't hear shit for promotion. So Charlie is in his right to complain. I talked to a radio dj for a station down there. I asked him if they were playing any of the new songs. He said they weren't because it's "too" heavy. Asked if they played Metallica, and they of course do. Told him Safe Home isn't heavier than most of Metallica songs and would fit in well. I blame them not playing it on Sanctuary. If Sanctuary pushed the album, there would be bigger crowds. In case you've missed some of my posts before, I'm actually from the Pacific Northwest. I've been trying to get Anthrax played on a radio station up here. I talked face to face with a dj who a couple weeks after the Single Safe Home was out, said they hadn't received their copy of it yet. A week or so after that, same dj when asked said they had gotten the cd, just weren't putting it in rotation. When I find his email, I'll post it here for you to see why. I believe I posted it before. I've stopped listening to that station except to hit snooze when my alarm goes off.
And so you know, I drove 230 miles to Portland, to catch a 3 hour flight to Dallas, and then another 1 hour flight to San Antonio, with a 2 hour drive to Beeville, then another 2 hour drive to McAllen and then back again to see Anthrax. It was worth it and I would do it all again. Just over a longer stretch of time. 3 day trip for that is not enough time to enjoy the state of Texas.

Gotta say, I agree with almost everything ashaman7122 said. And yes, I've had my gripes with Scott & Mr. Wu's statements in the past. And yes it does suck that Sanctuary sucks. However, the band has some responsibility in this. They "hired" Sanctuary to sell their record. Maybe a little more homework should have been done before signing with them. If Santcuary made statements implying they would promote Anthrax to the ends of the earth, then Scott & Mr Wu should have contacted other bands signed to Santucary for their experiences (and we know that you have contacts everywhere, we read about it enough.) Sanctuary isn't a new label and had several "major" artists signed and distributed before 'Thrax joined the pen last spring. Call Dave Mustaine, Geoff Tate or Pepper Keenan, see what they thought. Nobody made Anthrax sign with Sanctuary, they chose to. With the well documented facts that Anthrax have been screwed by labels since day one, one would think that the old adage once bitten twice shy would come into play...apparently not in this case.

Side rant...being a 'Thrax fan since '87, I grasped onto the band during the Belladonna years and loved 'em. The Bush years have been even better for me. What I fail to understand is why the band continues to cater to the old stuff. I would gamble that fans buying Anthrax CD's in 2004 are Bush fans...meaning they bought Stomp, Vol.8 & WCFYA....yet the majority of the setlist is Belladonna stuff. Why please the old fans that may not have given you love at the CD store since '90? (I know some of you will say you like both, but I bet if you took a poll at any lame ass North American show, 1/2 the fans have Sound Of White Noise and then all Belladonna stuff.) They wanna hear a greatest hits set. I say fuck 'em. What have the band got to lose at this point? If something ain't working you change. Mr Wu has said nobody goes to their N.American shows anyway, so play a Bush heavy set...he's been in the band longer than Joey at this point. I wanna hear the new stuff...that's why I still support the band and bought the new CD. Example, saw Tesla last week...they played 8 (out of 12) songs from their new disc. I got 5 or 6 (counting Contact) from Anthrax when I saw em...and Vol 8 & Stomp evidently didn't exist.

Sorry for cutting short, but the microwave just beeped and it takes me five minutes to unlodge my ass from this freakin' chair (can't believe Staples didn't have anything bigger) and my shirts wet from drool just thinking about that burrito.

ye interesting point about just playing the bush stuff!
i never thought of that.
there's tons of great stuff they could play from VOL 8. and 442. why keep playing caught in a mosh, and i am the law every night. sure these are classics but don't neglect the bush tunes!!!

I can´t see any point in your endless rant but swearing at the band and the fans. So you can suck my cock as well, just to make it more interesting.

"I'm tired of reading about the boys in 'Thrax bitching about the lack of love that they get"

OK so stop reading it then! SIMPLE. don't waste your time.

goodbye.

To all the people who think that Charlie and Scott are "whining", you're a bunch of idiots. How would you like it if you worked all week and there was no paycheck for you. That's what it's like if the record isn't in the stores. As a fan, you should be pissed off too.
On the day MMD was released I went to best buy in the afternoon. They had none. I asked for it and the guy said "it was released, but we didn't get it". There was two other people in the store looking for it. I went to another best buy and they had one copy in the amray case and said it wasn't even available in a jewel case. This is Sanctuary's fault, plain and simple. If they were my "boss" i'd be upset too. I think if you had a problem with label after label, and you just made quality product, you'd be frustrated also. This has been going on for too long. As a fan I want to go into a store and be able to find the new Anthrax release, not have to go searching for it. I understand the so called "whining". They have a right to be frustrated. I give them credit for not giving up, and I hope they never do.